7.05.2007

what makes you mess your pants?

cause i just found out what makes me mess mine. i was just sitting down to a little dinner, as i'm trying to finish listening to the very last cd of harry potter #5... its what i've been doing all day, while cleaning, napping, lazing... whatever i was doing, harry potter was on in the background. (i actually enjoyed it, cause i didn't have the tv on) ok... so back to the point... sitting down to dinner... and all of a sudden i hear this loud crashing of what sounds like the bad guy sneaking into my house tripping and falling back down the stairs, to the front door. i muttered some swear words & looked at myself. i had a moment. i thought "i'm about to have to go beat the hell out of someone... in my g's. maybe i should've had clothes on today... oh well, here goes!" I rounded the corner stealthy-like and looked down the stairs, to find that the two pictures krystal had hanging in the stairwell of her daughter, had simultaneously fallen off the wall & crashed all the way down the stairs. they're broken. but i'm too scaredy to go down there... i'll have to approach that demon in the morning. i did grab my camera... mainly cause the zoom could help me see better, but also so i could document my freakiness. i don't know why they fell off the wall. that wall is the one shared wall my house has with my neighbors. and its their bedroom. ew! "if this walls a rocking, don't come a knocking" so i'm not going to bother them, but i should. my peaceful night was probably just ruined due to their lack of moving the bed away from the wall...
this is where the pictures should be
and yes... i'm still shaking. my heart is still pounding... its been 10 minutes at least!

Friday morning update: I just went down there... Here's a few more pictures of the mess I found. luckily no glass was broken. but i have chunks out of the wall and marks on the banister now that won't soon go away!

11 comments:

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

eeek. i would have freaked out, too. soiled myself? maybe. sounds like your neighbors were having a little too much fun. ewww is right. well, go change your g's and keep that baseball bat handy, just in case.

Jori said...

I love the Harry Potter CD's! I have all of them. I think Jim Dale does a fabulous job. Anyway, SO freaky, I hate it when sounds happen and there seems to be no other explanation but a murderer in the house. When I lived alone, I was sound asleep and that strip above the blinds fell down in the middle of the night, completely freaked me out, my heart was beating so fast, I'm shocked I didn't have a heart attack. Glad you are okay.

Jori said...

PS-Ryan got the mail yesterday and told me about the fun mary kay samples, can't wait to get home and check them out. thanks!!

Kristin said...

I HATE noises when I don't know what they are. The stupidest ones scare me the most. I'm with you!!

Holly O'Keefe said...

I mess my pants for no good reason. Just kidding, but I know you think I do. Poor Krystal is going to think you really cleaned them out. Sorry you were scared, you could use a little doggy to help ward off strangers.

Mel said...

i freak myself out as well. i would have peed my pants! i'm on to harry potter 6 now before the book comes out. yay!!!

Kristi said...

That would have scared the poop out of me as well! I would have reacted the same way--stayed upstairs and soiled myself! I'm so glad you're safe! Whoo!

Girl James said...

Your posts are sooo funny! You know what's also funny, I'm one of those people in scary movies that's like "STUPID GIRL - don't go out to inspect the noise!" But in real life when things like this happen, I do the exact same thing. STUPID GIRL! haha. Glad you're safe!

Emily said...

I hate when those crazy things happen. It does scare you and I'm such a chicken I literally just lock myself in my room and pray that the "bad guy goes away soon" I won't come out until it's been quiet for at least 20 mins. That sucks about the digs. I love the harry potter tapes good way to get thru a BIG and still get stuff done.

Heather said...

That would freak me out! If there are any "bad guys" now, there will be two of us to fight them off.

Shelley said...

I love all the detailed pictures. You should work for CSI. :)