7.31.2007

what drives me to drink... today

i wasn't going to drink a dr pepper today, but low and behold i just cracked one open. sometimes this place is so frustrating. this place being the school i currently work at. the old school i worked at had things organized and taken care of. it had a secretary that didn't make up bull sh*t excuses for everything. blaming things on everyone else but her own incapabilities. we didn't get a budget last year. once. not a one. how the hell are we supposed to know how much money we've got and what we can order supply-wise if no one ever tells us what we had or have. then, our beginning of the year order was held off from ordering, so we don't have any supplies, because we were overdrawn & they needed to balance us out. who's fault is this really? oh ours of course. we're supposed to magically know all these numbers and not need supplies at the beginning fo the year. (don't you worry, i sent out an email this morning to our principal voicing some of these frustrations... too bad she's on vacation & won't get it til next week.) but that is a whole nother bitch and moan session: why is it ok for the principal to go on vacation the first full week of school??!?

then, as if i need any more ammo, i go in to make a quick copy of something we're going to do this afternoon - we have three copy machines in our workroom, for the whole school - basically. the one that is currently working, is being used. the other one that is usually the next choice is low on toner (office didn't have any, so its been ordered) and doesn't work. so i resort to the dinosaur one that is as old as the school - 10 years. let me just tell you something. in a school this big - copy machines won't last for 10 years. they're hurting after 4 years to be replaced. that's just the way it is. it constantly gets jammed & is absolutely more than i can handle today. so when it jammed, i grabbed my blackline & left. i'm not spending the time to unjam that damned machine. i left there swearing and muttering. loudly. i'm sure i was making the resource aid that was in there a little nervous.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh. i can be a monster people. it is coming out this morning. its just that why is SO FRICKEN MUCH expected out of me, when its absolutely ridiculous how no one else is held to any kind of standards? how can i do anything when no one else does their job properly??? so to make a long point short, i drank a dr pepper this morning. well, i'm still drinking it. and its tasting good.

in other news - my kids and i are adjusting. i'm being more patient with them, keeping in mind they're trying & that they're still first graders. and they're interrupting less & getting a little more focused. they really are quite cute kids. small bunch of them, but i've got my hands full!

14 comments:

Mel said...

oh hayley! i feel your pain. i have also been very frustrated with how things are right now. everyone who talks to me gets to hear my gripes. luck for them. but yeah, seriously, if we are expected to do our jobs, why aren't other people expected to do the same. geez, i could go on forever with my annoyances. glad you enjoyed your dr. pepper.

Heather said...

I do find it lame that the principal is on vacation the first week of school. What would she say if you took a week off at the same time??? Copiers and all things technical can be VERY frustrating!!! Ahhhhhhhhh, I can be a monster too, see?

Holly O'Keefe said...

Does the monster come from Mom or Dad or both??? We have have it. I hate when things don't work. Much less when people don't work. I used to be known for telling people to shape up at the office. I find it very frustrating when I worked 70 hours a week to get my shiznet done only to have the person in the office next door breeze out at 5 and not get stuff done. Everyone needs to work together to make it run smoothly. In an office, in a school, in a home. Do what you can, but accept that others are failures and don't let their dumbness affect you. Nice. I am mean.

Jori said...

My oh my, you jones girls are feisty momma's!! I love a person with spunk. I used to be a copier rep, and schools always buy cheap machines that are too weak to handle the volume. Machines if probably mantained will only last 5 years(if you're lucky). Lame that they push it so far past that. It's going to cost them more in service calls than to buy a new machine. Why am I going on and on. Like anybody gives a rats about my copier knowledge. :)

Jori said...

that would be properly not probably maintained. the lack of sleep is showing.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Oooh, Jori knows copy machines! I actually am interested. I love hearing about other people's "past" lives.

Jan said...

I have to chime in on the principal being gone thing too -- I don't get that at all. My dad was a principal pretty much the whole time I was growing up and he went back to school a full month ahead of everyone else -- and we didn't see him at home at all for the first month of school because he was so buried. Can't even imagine him on a vacation the first week of school. And I hate machines too -- if they work it's fine but if not, I despise them.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i love your rants, hayley. they are some of the best rants out there. sorry about the suckage, though. legitimate complaints, and i'm glad you're voicing them.

Mom said...

To set the record straight-- Your dad hates it when things don't work. I hate it when people don't work or do really stupid things. So you get it in both areas from your gene pool. Sorry. Ha Ha

Emily said...

Aren't blogs a great place to vent? Whats up with the principal? Lame! My highschool principal was there the first 3 weeks and then maybe once a week the rest of the year. People are lame and so are machines! Don't you want to kick both of them?

Kristi said...

Crap, Hayley, that freakin sucks. How irritating for you!!! Tell the principal to shove that copier right up her heiny! You've got sass and I like it--I hope tomorrow goes better and I would be chugging Dr. P if I was you, too (actually it would be Diet Coke, but same difference).

tara said...

ohhh...I am lovin' the 'tude from you Jones girls today. Stupid cheap school district and dumb-A principal.

Kristin said...

Oh crap!

Shelley said...

I had like a 64oz DP today. I was falling so asleep in Cincinnati. I didn't want any thugs stealing my luggage (I didn't check anything, so all the makeup was with me the whole time)... So I had a big ol DP today. You wouldda been proud. =)