7.03.2007

uti-s and a root canal???!?

so here's the chain of events for my last 24 hours or so... all day yesterday, i was a little jittery, kinda feeling off, but just attributed it to being anxious/nervous about my closing & papper. yesterday afternoon, it got worse. by the time i got to craig's house for dinner, i was downright nauseated. during dinner, the pee problem started - where i felt like i really had to go, but didn't have more than a trickle to actually do. slightly embarrassing to have this problem, at dinner, with a guy-friend. and i definitely didn't make it to a movie. i made him take me home. i was in sweats and shakes by the time i actually got home. i even had to stop once on the way home - at a gas station, that sported one of the dirtiest and vilest bathrooms known to men. ick!
cause i'd eaten yesterday before my physical. last night, right before 9, i took as much cranberry pills as i felt safe taking (don't worry, only 4) and some Tylenol pm. this morning i was supposed to go in (on a 12 hour fast) to get some blood work done, i drank two whole bottles of my camelbak water bottle & finally started having something to pee... which was painful, but better than never feeling any relief! i was up til a little after 11 tinkling... then got up twice in the night, before waking up feeling better... not great, but better.
i went in, got blood work done & did a urine sample for them. there was "some bacteria & a little blood but if the cranberry pills & water are already helping - lets stick with that..." (that's a good example of why i hate the doctors!)
then i had a dentist appointment this morning, too... my first time at this dentist, cause i've switched for 2 reasons... 1) this one is about 3 minutes from my house, as opposed to a solid 25 minute drive across the valley... 2)last time i went, to the other guy, i had a cavity, got it filled & its never been the same. i even went in once and they worked on it. didn't do much, for 6 months, its been hurting & i've basically stopped chewing on that side. new guy asks about symptoms today & basically tells me i'm going to eventually need a root canal. a root canal? are you kidding me? i told him to shut up. then i said "i'm going back to my old dentist" haha. i thought those were for old people! i hate my body. and now, i even hate my teeth, too. geez!

8 comments:

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

yuck, what a crap day. poor girl. don't you hate paying $20 (or more) to be told to keep doing what you're doing? that's why i hold off taking my kids to the doctor as much as possible. half (or more) of the time, they send me home with nothing more than a pat on the back. grrr. talk to my mom about root canals. she's had bunches. ouch. well, take some more cranberry pills and go back to bed. glad you're off track, at least.

Jori said...

I know doctors really annoy. Ryan's mom kept going in before she was diagnosed with cancer, and they kept telling her she had acid reflux, so take some pepcid. They didn't even find the cancer until she was rushed to the emergency room in tons of pain, they operated and found the cancer. It's like we as the patient have to insist upon tests or they will just let us die..rat bastards(sorry it was the only description that seemed to fit.)

Jan said...

Drs. are just impossible, they really are. Why would it be so difficult to give you an antibiotic to wipe out even a small amount of bacteria? That just annoys me so much! And root canals. Ah. Been there, done that many times. Not fun, but really, if they think you need one, do it. If you wait, it will abcess and THAT is a nightmare. Do it before you have a raging infection. I had root canals long before I was old -- I just have terrible teeth. I have always hated them. I'm sorry for your yukky day!!

Holly O'Keefe said...

That really does suck. Did the last dentist do a bad job on the cavitity and that caused the need for a root canal now? Are you on a dental HMO? If you are, you might want another opinion as you may remember my Crystal Lake dentist saga. Sorry Goose.

Mel said...

i'm sorry about your sucky day. i'm glad the uti is doing a little better though. i love those cranberry pills! i always keep a stock of them. great invention!! hope it continues to get better. good luck with the root canal as well. never had one, but wish you the best. eeek!

Kristin said...

What a day!! I hope you're feeling better now. I had the same thing happen to a tooth, and as crappy as it was, it feels 100 times better after the root canal. Not pretty for my pocket though.
Way to be on the Dr. Pepper though...3 days?!

Kristi said...

I'm sorry that happened--you had quite a day full of crap to deal with. Root canals are no picnic, but hopefully it's a painless ordeal for you. Plus, sucks that you didn't get any drugs for your UTI. Man, who do these doctors think they are? Take care Hayley! :)

Shelley said...

I had a root canal last July. (Which I still haven't paid for. lol) I didn't even get novocaine for it. They figured the tooth is dead to the world already, I won't feel them drilling in on it and scraping out my dead nerve. :( I still need to get a crown on it too. (Apparently its a princess/queen). GRR.