7.01.2007

odor update

I'm still in the process of washing all bedding. Here's a list of the things that I've done to make the room smell better. In fact, last night I thought I'd cured it. Until this morning I went in there to make the beds... The bottom bunk mattress still smells, or at least that's where I caught a whiff of it. So I quick got the febreze & almost saturated the mattress...

1) Febreze - Air effects air refresher... Multiple hits with this bad boy. (can't get a picture off their website easily - so just go there & look see yourself.

2) Glade Tropical Mist Carpet & Room Odor Eliminator... I just sprinkled a little on the carpet. Waited 5 minutes & then vacuumed. This process might be repeated. In fact, the whole house couldn't hurt from a good dose of this one, I'm sure. Maybe I'll get to that this week. (hehe... its for pets... but i decided that small children are worse than pets. they poop inside. dogs at least have the courtesy to do it outside)

3) Glade Glass Scents - they're designed to look beautiful anywhere in the home. I'll take all the beauty I can get! I am really liking these...

4) Renuzit's Adjustable Cones - these I first used in my garage. I love them. They're going to become a regular for stinky places... Which for some reason is my laundry room (maybe no ventilation???) and the garage.

10 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

Holy cow! You are going to have quite the fumes going in that room with all these fresheners competing. Flip the mattress when that side dried and febreeze the other side too. yo yo yo. Did you do windows last night?

Kristin said...

Your house must have really stunk!!!!!!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

poor hayley. i have a stench. we had a spilled milk problem in the car a while back and it about wiped me out.

Shelley said...

Yeah you need ventilation! OPEN THE WINDOWS!

You also might want to try putting baking soda on the matress, let it sit for a while, then vacuum it off. It should help. Then flip it and do it again, and finish off with febreze like Holly says.

Mel said...

good luck hayley!

Kristi said...

I love Glade Glass Scents, but haven't tried Renuzit's yet. Sounds good. You are one productive girl--I bet your house smells fabulous now!

Jori said...

There is just nothing worse than trying to get rid of an odor. My last car had milk spilled in it, I had to take it in about 3 times to be professionally cleaned, and on hot days it still was pretty smelly-ew! I've always been told boiling lemons(just put the steamy water in the room) helps with poopy smell, and cutting up an onion in a bowl of cold water,supposedly absorbs stink, I don't know, it's worth a try.

Holly O'Keefe said...

I got a new profile picture so you can stop laughing at me behind my back for having a high school picture of myself.

Emily said...

Wow, your home is going to be fresh smelling. For your carpet use Arm and Hammer baking soda carpet powder(pet) I had an apartment that flooded before we moved in and it smelled like urine. I used this stuff three times and it was gone. I love it!

Heather said...

I will be enjoying the fruits of your labor soon, thanks for being a good cleaning girl!