7.21.2007

my momma

ok. i lied before. she's not 42. that would've meant she had me when she was 14. and heidi is 10 years older than me. but i told her a while ago - it doesn't matter how old she is, as long as we keep having birthdays.

my mom is my hero. she's an amazing woman. she's smart, she's fun, she's happy. happiness is a quality in a person that i didn't realize was just a given til i left home.

she's a life saver. last year, when my world fell apart she came out and spent a few weeks with me, putting it back together again. all of her kids are grown up now, but she hasn't stopped taking care of us, spoiling us, entertaining us. we're all so lucky to have her.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOMMA. I LOVE YOU!!!

6 comments:

Kristi said...

Happy Birthday Ned! I love hearing stories about her--she seems like a wonderful Mama! And what a cutie, too :)

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

happy birthday ned! she sounds like an amazing mama. and i love "it doesn't matter how old we are as long as we keep having birthdays." that's totally going into my quote book, credited to dr. pepper jones! :)

Jan said...

What a beautiful tribute to your mom -- moms need that more often than kids realize, I think. Happy Birthday!!

Shelley said...

Happy Birthday Neddie! Hayls, yor momma is lucky to have you 4 girls too. :)

Mel said...

happy birthday ned!! sounds like a wonderful mom!!

Heather said...

I love that picture of Mom! She's a dolly that's for sure.