7.17.2007

i moved

so we're at a class today, in our gym, and the teacher is our old resource teacher. she's not that old, she just moved to another school this year. so we've got a new resource teacher. i really liked our oldie though. i think we lost an amazing teacher. well... my team - we're not the quietest bunch. i had 2 people on my left side talking constantly, not paying a bit of attention. they're two very selfish ladies that sometimes drive me batty. then there's a lady on my right who i love to death, but hate sitting next to her during any kind of a meeting. she's got wicked diarrhea of the mouth. she doesn't stop. i finally got up, packed up my things and moved to an empty table. i'm not a nice person. when someone said "oh, do you not have enough room?" i said "no, i can't hear a damn thing!" after i left, they shut up, for a few minutes. how rude! that is something that drives me crazy about teachers... i would never let my students sit & talk while i'm talking, yet we all think its ok to do when we're in the audience. i gave them a virtual bitch slap, i think...

9 comments:

Kristin said...

Good for you! I'd say you gave them something to think about...for a whole 2 minutes, but hey!

Jan said...

Yup -- good for you from me too! Why do people think that's an OK way to behave? We sat in a movie a while back behind people that never did shut up. I wanted to ask they why were they even there.

Girl James said...

OMG - Jan, we were in a movie the other day and this guy was constantly checking his cell phone. The guy across the aisle comes over and says "i'm going to get an usher if you don't shut it off!" HAHA I laughed for a good 10 minutes after that.

I LOVE to talk - but yes...good to recognize appropriate times!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

you freakin' rock, that is hilarious. i agree, hate the rudeness. someone did that at a concert i was at not too long ago. i was like, do they even know who this band is, or why are they here? i wanted to MURDER them.

Kristi said...

Good for you, for real. I'm glad you didn't put up with that crap :)

Jori said...

It is annoying how adults do that. In Primary the presidency always sits in the back and yacks during sharing time. I think it is SO rude. They would rip the kids, heads off if they were talking, yet they think it's fine for them.

Heather said...

How rude! But good for you for standing up and moving. I bet they felt dumb!

tara said...

oh man. total pet pieve of mine too, especially in church. "Virtual bitch slap" is gonna be my new fav. phrase. that took some cajones to get up and move...way to go

Shelley said...

I love how brutally honest you are. ha! Serves 'em right!