7.08.2007

church in a pool

well... heather's kids are here. we didn't go to church (although its in an hour) and hunter said that just because we're on vacation that doesn't give us the right to break the sabbath. (it doesn't???) and then I said "well, i'm not sure i have enough food to make a lunch for us" and he said we'd fast. and hannah practiced going under "just like getting baptized" so i'm thinking we have religion covered for the day. all of this was discussed at our early morning pool going experience. heather was waiting to get on the elliptical at my clubhouse, sitting on the side. i was in the pool wrestling with 3 kids. (hopey was home with her daddy, napping) this is heaven!

5 comments:

Jori said...

We are HUGE heathens. I got a sub for my class, in case I wasn't back from Utah, so we decided to take the day off. Went to Hash House a Go Go for brunch. I got the snickers pancakes-delish! I know we're very naughty. Glad you guys are having a good time. That Hunter is a good boy! Try bribing him with a happy meal next time. :)

Kristi said...

Man, sounds like Hunter and Hannah know their gospel stuff. :) They're smart and funny. I'm so glad you guys get to spend time together! Jori--that's funny about the Happy Meal. :) Good one.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

yay, hannah and hunter. how come it's always the kids keeping the parents on the straight and narrow. that is too cute. glad you're enjoying the cutie pies.

Jan said...

Kids do that these days, that's for sure. Today Maya asked me why Monkey (our son Math) doesn't go to church. I told her that he just decided he didn't want to and she informed me that she was going to 'invite Monkey to come to church with me'. I hope she does -- she's wonderful.

Emily said...

jan how sweet, that maya wants to invite monkey. kids are some much stronger in this generation than in my generation. we're all heathens once in awhile, right?
Hayley, thanks for the mk samples i'll probably call you soon!