7.25.2007

blast from the past... even if it's short

So last night, I had the opportunity to spend a stressed out (almost to the point of being sick) hour with Kristin & Alexis. Kristin and I grew up together in Chicago. She's my short, Italian friend. If you need one, you can borrow her. I picked up Alexis & said, "see sweetheart, you can see a whole new world from up here!" Kristin proceeded to hit me.

One thing I love about Kristin, is that we don't have to talk all the time... our friendship has always been very low maintanence, but when we do get to visit, its comfy & fun. even when I am overwhelmed with life. (sorry Kristin, I realize I was probably a dud, but it was awesome to see you!!!)

8 comments:

Emily said...

I have a cute friend like that we only talk about every six months and see each other once a year. And we have a "comfortable" relationship. It's like we talk everyday!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i love friends like that! and she's adorable. i always dreamed of being a cute little shorty-pie. alas, it was not to be. and it's not looking good for maya, either. unless she stops growing at age 4.

Kristi said...

Awesome! I love catching up with old friends. That is a cute picture of you two together.

Jan said...

That's a great kind of friend to have -- I have a couple like that and it's wonderful whenever we are able to be together. We just pick up where we left off last time (a year ago!).

Kristin said...

It was fun to see you too!! I hope that you got a lot of stuff done last night...knowing you had tons to do and that maybe you even had clean clothes to wear today! I'm sure I was just as out of it as you were...considering I'm still here, I'm moving early Friday morning, and I know Nick is not packing my house. AHHHH!!
Come visit soon!! Love you!

Heather said...

That's fun to see old friends. I can't believe Kristin has a baby and is all "growned up".

Jori said...

Kristin's baby is darling! Glad you had fun.

Shelley said...

Fun :) Next week there will be pics of us up here! yay! How far are you from the airport? You need to see this long hair before it gets whacked.