7.11.2007

beached whale and inner demons

so - i am sitting here tonight, contemplating many things. mainly, how in the last week, i've been failing with my eating & exercising. don't get me wrong... many a day, i've gotten lots o' steps in, but i've been eating like there's no tomorrow. especially these last two days in my class. i've had no less than 3 dr peppers each day. tonight, my tooth is hurting. the one that is probably in need of a for sure root canal now, as i've continued to rot it more, rather than less in the last few days. my one true love in life is dr pepper. but, its also my inner demon. its making me fat. i'm starting to resent the doctor. or more, my own lack of self control. geez louise, there's free water bottles sitting there, just as much as there is the doctor, at my classes. and i guarantee you that i definitely have not been drinking the amounts of water that i should be too - not good in this heat.

i've made a pact with myself - i'm getting up at the butt-crack tomorrow morning. (sorry heather, but you're welcome to join me, if you'd like) and i'm going to start doing it every morning. i can't stop just cause there's free dr sitting around. i keep looking back at that picture of hunter & i - and every time i do, i puke a little in my mouth. i'm posting this cropped version, so i can never forget. i'm sorry that you won't be able to either...

10 comments:

Emily said...

You go girl if I lived closer I'd work out with you. I made the same resoultion to get up early and get my butt on to an eliptical! Have you tried Diet Dr? It's the sugar that brings on the chub.

tara said...

totally try the diet dr. I think it's the only diet that tastes just as good. Posting a close-up of your stomache takes some serious, well, guts. (no pun intended:)

Mel said...

way to go girl! great goal of getting up at the butt-crack in the morning to work out! i've been doing pretty well with my pilates ambition. only i'm needing some faster results than i'm getting! damn it! why can't the fat go away as fast as it goes on?!!!

Jori said...

Okay it's 4:00 am and you are making me giggle. I am going to wake the fam. I have been a hog too. Ate 5 taco's for dinner last night! Seriously what is my problem? I ate more than my husband who is 6'3 and 230lbs. So I have tons of self loathing happening right now. Good thing I am walking around Nevada. Of course the way I eat, I will probably have to walk around the entire country to burn off all of this chub.

Miss Jones said...

don't worry... i definitely didn't get up. i had to actually run across my bedroom and turn off my alarm, reset it for an hour later & go back to bed. (also, woke up heather... oops!) that's how slothful i am! BUT - NO DR PEPPER TODAY.

Heather said...

You didn't get up to go to the gym because you are going on a hike with us tonight. Not a biggie, don't let that "mess with your mind". Get back on track that's all. We all mess up!

Jan said...

I was going to second the suggestion of the Diet Dr. P -- my husband drinks is all the time and says the same thing -- it tastes like regular. They have the kind with caffeine and without and he is now drinking Diet Caffeine free -- and LIKING it. Check it out.

Shelley said...

Heather is right, you can't get discouraged... especially if you're getting your 10k steps in, that is super important. The only thing left after that is what you feed chuck. ;) He likes veggies. I promise.

Holly O'Keefe said...

I had a root beer float tonight, if that makes you feel any better. Even though I told myself after I had the baby I would be off the junk.

Kristi said...

No need to self-loathe, Hayley. You look great (no matter what you may think) and you'll get control of your inner-demon one day. No worries.