7.18.2007

7 random things about me...

Ok, so the other day when I read Tara's blog about her 7 random things, i laughed myself silly. then i read Jori's & giggled more. I just read Holly's and decided that my school work can wait, it'll still be there in a half hour when I'm done with this.

i have never been diagnosed - but i think people often think i have one of three mental challenges. a)ocd b)adhd c)tourette's syndrome. i'm going to break these down into three of my 7s.

1) ocd - commonly known as obsessive compulsive disorder - probably mostly with food. i eat (or drink) things very repetitiously. take the doctor for instance. you don't even want to know how many times i've made myself sick cause i forget to drink water, for days. probably even weeks, at times. i love macaroni and cheese, too. (am in fact eating it right now for dinner) could probably eat it on a daily basis. i'm really lucky that its cheap. i could also probably eat a steak on a daily basis, too. (with ranch) in general i am that way with food. i get lots of cravings... for the same thing. i'll pretty much always get the same food at whatever restuarant.

2) adhd - in high school, i was at a friend's house doing homework one night... we'd been good friends since the fifth grade. we were juniors at the time. she said "i have to go take my medicine, do you need to take yours?" i was baffled. "what medicine?" says i. "you know, your ritalin..." i am sure i had a very confused look on my face when i said "i don't take ritalin." she was humiliated. she didn't tell people that she took it, only admitted it to me, cause she thought i was "one of them." sorry to disappoint, lindsey!

3) tourette's - when i met my friend craig, it was in hawaii... a whole bunch of people were getting together to go to town (honolulu) for dinner. my roommates and i didn't know craig, yet. we knew his friend, bubba. everyone met at our house. we were all getting into cars & kinda introducing each other. apparently bubba told their car "that hayley girl has tourette's, don't mind her." and craig took him seriously. we were all hanging out for a while (maybe weeks) before he found out I don't really have it. he thought i did have it, apparently based on my behavior. nice.

4) holly may have googlers, but at least she doesn't have webbed feet! i've always hated my feet, too... they're not beautiful. it took me living in hawaii to come to terms with them. now, i appreciate that they're well maintained & small. (i wear a 6.5) my second and third toes are slightly webbed. lefty is worse than righty. AND my "big toe" isn't so big. its shorter than the two and three. through all of this, i've become very aware of people's feet. it used to take a lot for me to get over someone's feet. then i lived in hawaii & had to come to terms with their feet, too. (see mom, hawaii helped me in so many ways!!!) but don't worry, i used to scream "i hate effers!" on a very regular basis. i called toes "effers" mainly cause i probably would've gotten kicked out of school for for saying the real thing.

5) my most sincere laugh is affectionately known as a bark. its the kinda laugh that catches me off guard, and all surrounding people, too. i've scared babies with this laugh. its loud! but its so fun. brooke always gets so excited when she makes me bark. also - i don't fake laugh. if something doesn't make me laugh, too bad for you. i don't do pity laughs. i'll smile. but i'm not a faker... i think that frustrates people sometimes.

6) my handwriting changes based on a few things. depending on the surface that i'm writing on, the pen itself & my mood. i HATE when people's handwriting is ugly. not that i'm fancy or real girly, but especially if someone's handwriting looks childish (i don't really know how to explain it) it bugs me. (things bugging me - a common theme in my life)

7) this isn't really random, but i have horrible taste in men. this is actually typical. one man had to be legally removed from my life. i tried to end things with him & he wasn't taking no for an answer. i swear, it took me moving for me to stop worrying about opening my front door to finding him hanging from a tree. nutcase! then last year my fiance ditched me three weeks before our "wedding" apparently he never was going to marry me... he was a lying sack of shit... fun times, i tell you. i've decided that i'm going to let someone else choose my future spouse. if i pick him, its probably a bad thing. if you want to call him "dickface" and i've picked him, please step in! i think the last one humbled me & made me realize that there are worse things than finding a "nice guy." but alas, i probably made fun of, broke up with, laughed at him crying, all of my nice guy opportunities. i'll be a single lady for the rest of my life. which kinda sucks, cause i think i could be a good mother.

12 comments:

Heather said...

So we (Jones girls) have feet issues! I can see the ocd I think I have a touch as well, but not the adhd...tourette's...yeah that is a yes.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i always love to find out more about my best gf! funny about the tourettes! not so funny about the ahole guys. you deserve a great man, and you'll totally find him. and you will be a great mama.

Emily said...

So now we know why you hate the glove sock, it's the webbed toes! You can do sooo much better than that ahole! We'll find you a good guy, give us time. Jori knows some short white(maybe black)guys she could set you up with! Oh yeah, you like them"BIG" Hee hee!

Miss Jones said...

by big - i just meant tallish.

Jori said...

Seriously you will find a great guy, I thought I would be single FOREVER and suddenly my sweet Ryan came along. Okay-once again you are killing me,it's 3:30 and I am trying to quietly laugh. Loved your ridlin story, and the "I don't pity laugh." You really are the coolest girl ever.

Kristi said...

Hayley--I'm loving your list. You crack me up to no end (and not the fake kind ;) You have great stories. That is beyond sucky about your dumb fiance, but I know you will be an awesome mom one day--I'm keeping my eye out for a hot Texan.

Jan said...

You're just getting prepped for Mom-hood. There's a good guy waiting for you to find him (or for him to find you -- whichever!)

Emily said...

Hayley, of course I meant tallish, geesh what were you thinking?

Mel said...

i was laughing my butt off at this hayley!! great 7 things! hmmm....now i need to think of mine. in my spare time.

Shelley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelley said...

I think she does have tourettes. In Hawaii, we lived on the Highway, the highway that runs around the whole island... We were right across the street from the PCC, sometimes she'd open the door and yell at cars driving by. For no reason. :) Its one of the things that endeared me to her I guess. We all have a little bit of the crazies in us. She's just not afraid to share. ;) Love ya Hayls!

tara said...

oh man, I would love to hear the "bark". thanks for the chuckle, and that guy sounds like an a-hole hayley. unbelievable. you'll find WAYYYYY better.