7.16.2007

1st day back

i went back to work this morning, my first day back in what typically proves to be one of the busiest weeks, and then months of the school year for me. i worked 10 hours. came home and worked another hour at home. then craig came over & we went to dinner and saw Harry Potter numero cinco. i've seen it, he hadn't. i loved it probably even more the second time. its now 11. i'm pooped. holy canolis. tomorrow is a day of meetings. at least i've made tons of progress in getting my classroom ready today.

here's one thing i've decided... i don't want to become like her at all this year! ("i will have order!" bad teacher!)

7 comments:

Jan said...

I don't think there's any danger of you becoming like Dolores Umbridge!! I have to say that cracked me up! The kids that get you as their teacher will be so lucky.

Heather said...

I don't think you need to worry about being like Dolores. I want to see Potter again too. I missed some good stuff thanks to Miss Hopey. Glad you had such a productive day. xo

Jori said...

I still haven't seen Harry. We are going to try and go on Friday. Then I will get the book in the middle of the night and read until morning. Please do your hair like Miss Umbridge, you would look SO cute!

Mom said...

Sounds like Harry Potter is worth a couple of hours sleep. I can hardly wait to see it too. It will take at least another 30 years for your to look like that picture. You made me laugh.

Shelley said...

I'm gld you're getting things ready for the new batch of kidlests to grace your room. Just remember, they used to be 2nd graders, ;) so go easy on them for a month or so.

Kristi said...

I'm so glad you're not Dolores! She scares the crap out of me. You are so on the ball, getting all your school stuff together! I'm sure you're a wondeful teacher. I still haven't seen Harry, but I can't wait.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

fun, fun! when do you meet your new kiddies? fingers crossed that you get as few "special" kids as possible! :)