6.19.2007

what has gotten into me??!?

I'm almost ashamed to admit it, cause its taken me 28 years & extreme chubbs to finally start exercising, on a committed level. 5 years ago, i did for a while, cause i had people to go with (heidi & david switched nightly trips to the gym with me for a while) but it was never something i liked. i did it more cause i felt pressure... i've been hitting the treadmill for about a week now, AND I'M ENJOYING IT. Heather, I feel like we're really sisters now:)

This morning, I jogged. twice. now, granted, probably for less than three minutes each time & i thought i was going to have a heart attack after the second time, but I did it. I think I might start throwing that in more often and for longer. We'll see. That might be too ambitious of me.

This afternoon, we (my students & I) were just finishing up our kickball game in the 2nd grade kickball tournament. My kids played well & hard, I was feeling so proud. Their reward for a game well played? 50 jumping jacks... (I think some thought it was a punishment) But guess what? I jumped jack with them! They loved that I did it (instead of my usual drill instructor manner) and yelled the numbers as we went...

Guys, come to grips with it, I'm trying too - the days of Chuck might just be coming to an end. Or at least to a shrinkage (and this time not cause i was in the pool!)

11 comments:

Jori said...

ha! loved the shrinkage joke. good for you hayley!! I think exercise does become fun the more you do it. I have been really enjoying swimmming and walking. my lard has gone down a wee bit too.

PS-did I ever tell you when i first saw your link on natalie's blog, I was impressed because i thought you were a real dr.? even after I saw the dr. pepper logo, it still took a couple days for me to clue in. duuuuuhhhhhh!

Miss Jones said...

hehe. i'm not a doctor. in fact, i don't like most doctors (they violate me) but also - pay attention to the lack of dr pepper... i used to have at least one per day, first thing in the morning, it was like my morning cup of coffee... now i'm actually drinking water!

Jan said...

Hayley, I really get it with the exercise. In my younger years, I was chubby, then fat, then really fat. I decided it had to go -- and I started with walking. Eventually I got so walking was boring so I would run and once I got into decent shape, I loved it. I did 5-7 miles daily for years. And now I"m trying not to be such a slacker and get back into good shape. Yay for you!

Mom said...

You go girl. It will be a race to see who looks best in our swimsuit on the cruise.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i'm so proud of you! you're totally rocking! keep it up, girlie!

Holly O'Keefe said...

Mom challenged you to a swimsuit contest! Both of you are good girls. I'll jump on the bandwagon in another month of so. Not now.

Kristi said...

Good for you with exercising and Dr. pepper. I have never been much of an athlete (more like an "athletic supporter" hee), but after I had Braden, I had Chucks's evil twin brother to manage. So I started running, and I LOVE it now. It can be addicting. Diet Coke is my drug of choice, unfortunately, but you're motivating me to be better!

Shelley said...

50 jumping jacks for a reward? I say its a ripoff, but a 2nd grader mighta liked it. I'm impressed by you joining in though, AND the morning treadmill too. I can't run longer than like 30 seconds, then my asthma and big boobs practically kill me.

Heather said...

Good for you Hayley. Keep it up, you just might get as addicted to the exercise as Dr. Pepper...well maybe anyway. Don't let that skinny B@!#$ slow you down.

Miss Jones said...

skinny bitch wasn't there today. i decided i'm going to give her a run for her skinny bitch title!!! yeah!

Mel said...

i'm so proud of you hayley! i need to work out. i keep thinking about it, maybe someday before i become too big and fat i'll get in gear. ha!