6.18.2007

this is why i don't go camping...

this morning, i was getting dressed & listening to the news. i heard the headline "11 year old boy was killed by a bear in american fork" my eyes got big. i went and sat on my bed. this is terrible. he was dragged out of his tent, with his family in the same tent, different "room" and killed. this is supposedly the first fatal bear attack in utah history, and thats tragic, but i've been rightfully scared of it my whole life in utah. so sad, here read - the article yourself. and now, they've found the bear. they hadn't this morning. its been killed. and here's another link from the trib...

7 comments:

Kristin said...

My sister-in-law just told me about this an hour ago...right after I suggested they go camping! I was in shock!!

Heather said...

That is terrible!

Holly O'Keefe said...

AHHHH! American Fork canyon was our canyon. I lived 10 minutes from the mouth of that canyon. Kevin went almost everyday for hiking adventures up there! Now I am officially freaked out. Poor family.

Kristi said...

That scares the crap out of me! We used to camp there ALL the time before we had kids. That poor family. How horrible for them.

Jori said...

same here, we always went up that canyon. I heard that story this morning. I am glad they caught the bear, they hadn't last time I heard.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

yikes, that is nuts. i'll add that to my lengthy list of reasons why i don't camp, either! :)

Shelley said...

This is so not the news I needed to hear 2 weeks before girls' camp. :( That poor kid! My heart goes out to his family. wow.