6.12.2007

stress levels are high!

so we're waiting to hear back (hopefully) today my mom's biopsy results on her tongue thingy... its got me in a funk. i hate that we have to wait until possibly this afternoon. i also hate that i have to be here, and not there, with her. my brain's just barely here today. here's a list of some of the things i've managed to screw up already & its just 8:37. School's been "in session" for about 10 minutes.
1) I forgot to update the lunch menu for my kids. The come in & make their lunch choice. If its not updated, they get clogged in the doorway. Its about as bad as a clogged toilet.
2) I forgot to wear my pedometer. And I've been pacing a lot already, so we'll never know just many steps this pacing is giving me. that's a tragedy.
3) I may or may not have left my flat iron plugged in. great. I'll burn my house down & that appraisal that I got last week will have been a complete waste. and I'll be homeless!
4) We've got a fire drill scheduled & when I saw it on my calendar, I burst in to tears. I hate fire drills, even as the adult. Luckily I'm not the "group leader" anymore, but still - this causes even more stress and anxiety.
5) Forgot a bag for Mel's Mary Kay. I'm like the worst Mary Kay Salesperson in the whole wide world.
6) A student brought me in a rose from her garden this morning (i'll post a picture) and when she brought it in to me, I burst into tears (for about the 10th time this morning) I cried because she's sweet, but I think she was confused & I was a blubbering fool who couldn't enunciate well enough to show my true appreciation. good hell!
7) Had to restart twice my makeup this morning. Cause I called my mom & then when i got off with her, I couldn't stop crying, so I was also running behind.

Keep your fingers crossed that I'll be able to pull my head out of my ass, and soon. More importantly, say a little prayer for Neddie, that we get good news. I'm working on a dr pepper to calm my nerves a little. Today might just be a Reading Rainbow morning, but we've got sooooooooo much to do!!! CRAP.

14 comments:

Mel said...

Hayley, I hope everything goes alright with your mom! You'll need to let me know the outcome. I also dread this dang fire drill, it gets me so anxious! I'm going to be a complete stress case by 2:30. Suck. Don't worry about the bag for Mary Kay, I didn't mind at all. Thanks for bringing it. What a pretty flower. Love when sweet kids bring things.

Jan said...

Prayers for Neddie for sure! No wonder you're a wreck. Hang in there, drink some more Dr. P., and let us know when you hear from your mom.

Jori said...

We will pray for your mom. I hope she is okay. I am glad the little girl brought you a flower, it sounds like you really needed it.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Don't even get me started. We watched the Family Stone last night. By the end of it, I was crying like a nutcase, the baby was jumping around like a jelly bean, and I thought to myself, "Calm down Holly." I don't want to cause early labor with my stress. So I am not worrying about it until we get results. Denial is a beautiful thing.

Heather said...

Maybe this is why I've been such a freak this morning! I hate the waiting...never have been a very patient person.

Kristi said...

I'm so sorry about this--she is in our prayers today and so are you and your whole family. I hope your day gets better. Take care of yourself--thanks goodness for families!

Shelley said...

I'll be praying for your mom too. What a beautiful flower, I would have cried if I got that too. :) *hugs*

Miss Jones said...

the news is good - its benign. but i still can't shake it. i have been crying all through lunch after the phone call, and i'm still shaking. geez!!! thanks for your thoughts & comfort.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i'm so glad that everything is okay with your mama. it is so hard to calm down after a scare like that. so we'll keep praying for YOU and your cute sisters! :)

Jori said...

Oh good, that is a huge relief. I have been thinking about you guys all morning. Glad everything is okay. We lost Ryan's mom to cancer in Sept. I hate to hear when people are having cancer scares. Glad your parents are both cancer survivors.

Jan said...

Good news! Hallelujah!! I'm happy for all of you guys. YAY!!

Kristi said...

I'm so glad your Mom is okay and everything was taken care of. I hope your day got better and your Mom's day as well.

Kristin said...

I'm so glad everything is okay with your mom, and I hope you're doing better today!!!

Shelley said...

Oh thank goodness! Count your blessings indeed. :) Say a prayer of thanks while you're at it. ;) Glad she's alright!