6.07.2007

"soy" you won't forget me...

tonight, i went with my ol' friend meeja to do some more worshipin' - i figger i'm naughty as can be, i better do my time. it helps me even out a little :) afterwards, meeja (who is extremely generous) took me to one of my favorite places - Pei Wei. I could eat their honey seared chicken 5 days a week. during our conversation, we talked about Father's Day, which is coming up quick. I've already taken care of my Daddy-o's gift, and I'm not super creative with ideas for gifts. (I'm the kinda girl who is happy to get you something, but I want to know you'll like it. I'm not opposed to having you tell me what you want) So we're at Pei Wei. Meeja's asian (in case you're unaware) and we always joke about it. I've told her before she's my token asian friend, that if i really were a lesbian, i'd go for an asian chick. she's beautiful. she's got this gorgeous, well styled hair, perfectly white teeth & a beautiful face. (a small part of me wants to hate her. i always feel fugly when i hang with her) anyway - back to the point. geez! Pei Wei... We're talking about what she should get her dad for father's day. I said "heck, my dad is so grateful, i can give him anything and he'd cry." the i said "you should give him this bottle of soy sauce and say "soy you don't forget your asian daughter!" we had a chuckle. not sure that is entertaining to anyone else, but it sure tickled my fancy tonight.

7 comments:

Mel said...

I find it funny! Maybe cause it would be something I would think of too. Hehe. Never been to Pei Wei, I think we should go soon!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

you'd better give me this chick's number so i can have a talk with her. I'M you're pretend girlfriend. don't forget it. pei wei sounds yummy. i don't know why i've never gone...there's one nearby. i will take your recommendation and check it out soon. and soy sauce jokes are always called for. good one.

Jori said...

I've been wanting to go to Pei Wei too and haven't. I think we will head there this weekend. Ha! I think the soy sauce thing is funny.

Heather said...

Pei Wei sounds so good to me. I want to go. haha on the joke :)

Holly O'Keefe said...

I am glad you love Pei Wei. I puked it up once when I was pregnant with Connor and can never go back. NEVER. Don't you love have I always put a damper on comments? Well, sometimes you do to...bruising post...I think you get the picture.

Shelley said...

mmmm Kikkoman. accept no substitute. ;)

Kristi said...

LOVE Pei Wei and that is funny about the soy sauce. You're a clever girl. Good times.