6.06.2007

snarking

what's the word you use for people who snark up their snot in the most disgusting of ways? its 10 times worse than sniffing. even strong sniffing. i call it snarking. its the last day of school for A track, and i'm subbing in 5th grade for my friend. her kids are playing games, taking pictures & enjoying some free time. the one kid is over in the corner by me snarking about every 15 seconds. i keep giving him stink eye, but i know that he's got so many more issues in life, that snarking is hardly one of the most important. 5th graders are incredibly different from 2nd graders. I had a good majority of this class, when they were in 2nd grade. Am I horrible because I don't like most of these kids as much now? Its probably a good reminder for me how I love my little second graders. They listen. They try. They're quieter. They surely don't dare snark all morning, while playing Gameboy. Remind me tomorrow when I'm complaining about my class, that they don't snark & that I should be happy regardless! 2nd graders tend to just let the nose drip down their face, until I tell them (quietly) to get a tissue.

17 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

what the heck kind of school are kids allowed to play game boy?

Jori said...

snarking ewww! Isn't that when it's like they are swallowing gobs and gobs of snot? yucky. Oh ya, same question as holly.

Miss Jones said...

its the last day of school. they're playing monopoly, twister (kinky) and chess. a few are listening to their ipods. even less are playing game boy. i don't care. what else do you want me to do with them? LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!

Holly O'Keefe said...

I am not judging you, I promise. I was more making fun of the fact that they have nothing to do on the last day of school. What did we do on the last day of school? Some sort of assembly as I recall, award day.

Mel said...

I'm so done for today Hayley! I don't want to be here and I have no motivation! Yeah, I know, it seems like I never do. Ha!

Heather said...

Snarking is so gross...I know somebody that does that...sometimes...a certain 5 year old...and I'm always on him. I WILL break that habit!!! Sick.

Miss Jones said...

i thought you were going to say Scott. haha. like father like son?

Kristi said...

Oh my gosh--that word is perfect. I HATE snarking. Snot and snarking are on my top ten list of things I hate. I would give stink eye also!

Jori said...

I can never like the name Todd because a kid(todd) in 2nd grade would hock logies, spit them in the air and catch them in his mouth. Ew-the thought of that just made me throw up in my mouth.

Jori said...

I wanted a picture with my post,but that is a crap pic. can't even see my face. I will go fix it.

Emily said...

Oh so gross! Snarking(good word) is discusting. On the last day of school we always had to go the auditorim(sp?) and we'd get stuck watching a disney movie or some stupid movie on dental hygiene. Do they have movie on the polite way to blow your nose so that you don't have to snark?

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

my mom has a word for this. snot gobbing? something. anyway, agreed. it's nasty. there was a guy in our ward that was the worst offender. i have literally seen people get up and move during church so that they didn't vomit.

Heather said...

No, Scott does not do that. I would cut something off if he did!!

Holly O'Keefe said...

Where have I been? Why can't I recall anyone I know who snarks??? I guess I am lucky. Or maybe I am that person!

Jan said...

Snarking is the perfect word although Natalie is right -- snot gobbing is my phrase. Snarking sounds bettter (the word, not the action!!).

Girl James said...

Snark is a great word - but it reminds me of the character from Thundercats (the little dog - or whatever he was!) Yes I know his name was really Snarf, but you can see how a girl would be confused!

This is totally my boss. Sometimes mid sentence he'll "Snark" Only he acts like it's totally normal AND doesn't spit it. I've actually vomited a little in my mouth during a few meetings! BLEH!

Snark will heretofore be known as the code for him! Thanks Hayley!

Shelley said...

if you ask me... snarking is too much like being snarky, like snobby or spoiled. I just call it snorting, because its that deep back of your throat icky snort. That's just me though.