6.21.2007

side note

i didn't work out this morning. i drank a dr pepper. bad. bad. bad. i even knew i wasn't going to work out, cause I set "alarm #2" which is the later one. the last two days, i've been walking tons, been out in the sun tons, and getting not enough sleep. so, i gave myself a "catch up" day. or a revert day, which is bad. i'm feeling low in energy. i'm feeling still tired. i should've gotten up and worked out, even with my tired, throbby, sore feet. i think the rest of me would feel better today. who would've ever guessed I'd be saying this. i'm glad i'm a blogger now. i'll have documentation of this feeling someday, when i print my "bloggin' book" (again, i love natalie & she should never doubt my love, even if i'm hitting indigo girls concerts!)

6 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

Your feet hurt. Give yourself a break. You'll be back on the bandwagon tomorrow.

Miss Jones said...

thanks hol. a few times today i thought "that was short lived" but i'm not giving up!

Kristi said...

Sometimes you need a break, so you don't get burnt out on exercise. Don't beat yourself up!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

don't be so hard on yourself! i have to remind myself that every day is a new day and a chance to do things better. if you don't work out today, no worries, just work out tomorrow. if you drink the doctor today, no sweat. start again tomorrow. i use this more with losing patience with my kids. at the end of the day, i'm just shaking my head, going, why do i have NO patience? but then i remind myself that tomorrow i can do better. and usually, i do!

Heather said...

Do NOT beat yourself up about not working out for one day. Build rest days into your schedule. It's not realistic to think you will work out EVERY day. Enjoy your day off and hit it hard tomorrow.

Emily said...

Your body needs a break and if your dragging that's a good sign that it's a rest day. So don't beat yourself up!