6.18.2007

refinancing stress

I don't know why I have a house, or a mortgage or any kind of responsibility. If one thing happens that doesn't make sense (that happens often, believe you me!!!) I freak out. One of my greatest fears is that someday somebody is going to show up at my house & yank me out of it & tell me that I've been doing it all wrong. YIKES! I'm in the process of refinancing. It should all be "complete" the first week of July. Boy, am I going to celebrate when its over with. Don't worry, I've got things under control. I was just slightly confused due to a letter I received in the mail. I've made the appropriate phone calls this morning to straighten it out & I did so with no swear words! (couldn't swear, I was on the phone in my classroom, with kids present. shut up - they are working on their books!)

Also - its now "open enrollment" for my medical insurance - yikes. when heidi first helped me get my insurance crap taken care of now 6 years ago, it had me in tears. she still likes to hold that over my head "what a mess" i am. when i got the big packet in the mail - it made me very grouchy. i'm thinking of switching dentists this go-round. i live way out on the west side. my dentist is way out on the east side. and last time when I had a cavity filled, that cavity hasn't stopped hurting yet - and its time for another check up. arg. which means, i'm sure whoever works on me again, will have to do MORE DRILLING. Momma no likey. It always has me in tears, calling my dad as soon as I can, wishing he were there to baby me.

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Loving that bootylicious picture you posted! It reminds me a lot fo myself ;) I'm sorry refinancing is so stressful--hooray for July when it's all over with.

Holly O'Keefe said...

There is a reason Heidi holds it over your head, sweet thing. Because it is true. I don't know the insurance story, but if the smoke detectors are an indicator, you must really go ballistic over chosing a dentist. I think you are right, find a dentist closer to home. Especially since that cavity is still bothering you. And the picture up there is hi-larious.

Miss Jones said...

no - i'm not going ballistic over choosing a dentist, so maybe you (holly) bite me. i had a hard time picking insurance/understanding in the beginning... so there.

Emily said...

Want a dentist? Try Jori's dentist she like him so much she comes from Vegas to go to him. Dr. Kim in South Towne Mall. 576-7500 I really like him too. He does good work. I understand about the health insurance. I'm a diabetic and it's a pain in the behind, but when you live in the US you have to have it. Good Luck. If I can help let me know I've been dealing with my own insurance for 10 years. Blah!

Jori said...

I hate refinancing and home loans. It's always such a pain. Something always goes wrong clear up to the end. Of course it will all work out, but still it's SUPER stressful. Really my dentist is great. Check him out!

PS-I love that picture too! So funny.

Miss Jones said...

see, if i were going to go to south towne, i might as well stay with my one doctor, he's just one light further east. i'm going to try one out here by me @ jordan landing. i'll give him a whirl & dump his a#^ if he's not any good.

Heather said...

Make your life easier and find somebody close. All things financial can be very stressful I agree!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i hate all of that stuff you mentioned. insurance, mortgages, bills. i make chris do all of it. that's something to put on your wish list for your future man. good with the bullschtuff.