6.17.2007

oh yeah!

that's what craig chanted through target last night, scaring people or making them think he is retarded. you see, he forgot to take his medicine until dinner. his ritalin. and when he doesn't take his ritalin, he's whacky. he's also whacky when he doesn't take it until late. don't get me wrong, i had a great time last night. a barrel of laughs. there were only a few moments of slight embarressment. like when he loudly announced that he has bigger boobs than me, in the dessert aisle at target. which isn't exactly true. his are pecks. more pancaked & evenly distributed. mine are boobs. not saggy, either - no kids. but i'm well aware they're not the biggest in town. craig's a straping young man. lets just say that guys don't mess with him. the evening started with a delightful dinner at one of my favorite places, tepanyaki. its a japanese steakhouse. like benihanas, only i don't know where one is here, and tepanyaki is 5 minutes away. mhmm. gyoza. (shut up holly, normal people love them) i had the filet. delicious, probably one of my favorite meals available. then we attempted to hit a movie, nothing was working with our mojo. so we hit a couple of stores. it was one of those nights where we pretend fought to see people's reactions throughout the store. with him being as hyper as he is, it was great. we bought: cookies and cream ice cream, a brownie mix, peanut m&m's, caramel & hot fudge. came home, whipped the brownies up & while we waited for our treats, we played blokus. he'd never played before & i was a little nervous he wouldn't have the mental capabilities. he could actually focus better i would've expected. and he made me play like 6 games last night. he loved it. (people, if you haven't gone to their website & played at least once yet, i'm disappointed!) all in all, it was a great day yesterday. quiet day, wild and crazy night.

7 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

I want to come to your house for the treats. Holy cow. That all sounds good. I have brownie mix, I might have to whip them up today. To honor Fathers, of course. And you are going to shoot me, I still haven't played blokus. I know you are going to beat me up for that one! And next time I am up there, I want to try tepanyaki. It sounds good, it looks good. If you can believe it!

Girl James said...

I think there's a Benihana downtown! Yep - according to http://www.benihana.com - there sure is!

165 S West Temple, Bldg. #1, Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
Telephone: (801) 322-2421

Sounds like a fun night!

Jori said...

tepanyaki- YUMMY! I love that place. We must really be soul mates, because when I was single we did fake fights all of the time. my friend even jumped on the hood of my car pretending to be a jealous ex of the boy I was with. ha! good times.

Mel said...

yay for blokus!!!

Heather said...

Sounds like an exciting night out on the town! Dinner sounds great! There is a little place like that (Hido) close by, we should go sometime you are here. How did people react to the fighting? YOu're crazy!

Kristi said...

I love that you fake fought and played at stores. You're funny!! Tepanyaki sounds so good. Yum! It's good that you can have good times no matter how your night plays out.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

tepanyaki is my fave! ah, i miss things about utah. and how dare you have so many treats without me. that sounds like a typical natalie dessert orgy, yummmmmm. i have to check blokus. it's on my list.