6.03.2007

music for the moods...

ok. i know i've been on one about grey's anatomy lately, so sorry if you're not a fan of the show and don't understand the passion. but one thing i really love about the show is the music. each episode is titled from a song & the songs in the episodes really fit. i mean, the writers must bust their butts (editing, due to comments from los padres) to find appropriate music. i am someone who loves music. i have "favorites" that I can listen to constantly. I have mood music. I have a fairly large range of music. everything from eminem to dixie chicks to fleetwood mac to sublime. i realize i have many favorites. barenaked ladies. tori, alanis, u2 - oh the list could go on for a very long time. but i'm going to share some of my favorite albums, that in the last few years are ones that i like all the songs. i love albums where i like all the songs... you can just put it in and enjoy.

one favorite is death cab for cutie - plans... their music speaks to me, but this album really gets to me.




another favorite is jem. she's fun & just girlie. and lots of her music is on grey's anatomy. i liked her before that, but fun. just proves my point about grey's having good music!
a few others that i really like right now: joshua radin, corrine bailey rae (thanks heather!!!), and dave eaton. you guys won't know him. he's a friend's brother. but i love his music!!! absolutely love it! and if you click on his link you can download a few of his songs!!! free, too. ;)

11 comments:

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

death cab for cutie's plans is one of my favorite albums of all times! serious. it's like top 5. it's total mood music. the transatlanticism album is another favorite. my can't miss music for right now is the shins' "wincing the night away" album. check it out when you're in the mood for something new. (target has it!)

Brittany said...

oh my word death cab for cutie is one of my fave's. I just love them. My brother downloaded some of there music to my ipod and I thought I wouldn't like them for some reason, maybe because of death in their name. But I listen to them all of the time.

Heather said...

Well, you got me into Death Cab for Cuties!! Thanks, Hay.

Miss Jones said...

and that is what we call heather pulling a mom... its just one cutie. i love that you call them cuties. i'm totally cracking up heather feather!

Holly O'Keefe said...

I love when we pull moms!!!

Heather said...

Cutie...cuties whatever!!

Mom said...

I'm ordering from the library right now the cuties. Thanks for the suggestions. Careful what you say about me, I'm listening....

Miss Jones said...

oh dear...

Kristi said...

I love Jem. I haven't really listened to Death Cab for Cutie, but I would like to now that you posted about it.

Shelley said...

I've heard just the songs on the radio of death cab... I just downloaded Plans, and stuck it on my mp3 player, so I'll listen to that today on my way to the post office in approx. 2 hours. :) Oh, and every time I listen to Fiona's "when the pawn..." album, I think of you dancing in our little room, especially to Paper Bag. :) good times.

Miss Jones said...

yeah, paper bag is one of my all time favorite songs!!! haha. you're funny shelley. you'll love plans!