6.08.2007

madface

a couple of months ago, annie said the funniest thing one night when i was babysitting. she went through a period where i guess she was having bad dreams or got afraid in her room at night, cause she would beg me every Friday night to "have a sleepover" which just meant that I let her fall asleep on the couch or the "puff" with her, snuggling. (they call the lovesac, the puff) of course i let her, cause i adore her & always enjoyed that extra little bit of time with her. we'd read books for a bit & she'd always fall asleep in the most pleasant of ways, in my arms. one night we were laying on the couch, opposite ends. i have long legs, so i had them folded up to make room for her. i couldn't see what she was reading, so i asked her. she replied "oh, just madface" that kinda tickled me, so i looked to see the book. "When Sophie Gets Angry - Really, Really Angry..." so i laughed and asked her what the book was about. a really mad girl. she is madface. so i asked why she was madface. annie's answer, mind you - she's not quite four at the time of this charming little event, that will forever make me smile, "cause she's got those two pennies on her face." the "pennies" are awards. this little girl kills me. she is so dang cute!

8 comments:

Mel said...

Okay, that made me laugh! Pennies on her face, how cute is that! I love little kids. So glad my sister has one of each so I can enjoy.

Heather said...

That is funny!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

how funny. by the way, when sophie gets angry is one of our favorite, favorites!!! maya has such a temper, so we hear this one over and over. it always gives me goose bumps. that's the way i like to deal with fits...to let then take their course and try to help her thru her anger, rather than punish punish punish. so i love this book.

Mom said...

You never know what Miss Annie will say. We love our Friday night phone calls from Annie. Hayley lets her dial us up whenever they are together. Thanks Hayley....

Jori said...

Love the pennies on the face comment! That is SO cute. Kids are hysterical. Kaitlin is back on her why do you have a beard down there kick. I told her that's just what happens when you grow up. She started bawling and said she doesn't want hair down there. She keeps asking me how my beard is doing and then says,"I'm lucky, I only have hair on my head."

Shelley said...

I'd have a madface if I had pennies stuck to my face too. Seriously, it only makes sense!

Kristi said...

That is really cute. I love kids and their logic. What a smartie she is. I cannot stop laughing at Jori's comment either. I love blogging stories.

Jan said...

This is a great book -- I agree with all the above!! We love it.