6.20.2007

looooooooooooooooong day

Today was the zoo. it was a successful field trip, overall. one excitable kid puked right before we left. his dad was a parent volunteer & said "ah. he's fine. just nervous" so he went. i made him take a barf bucket for the bus ride. then a mom was late & we almost left without her. which would have meant that I would have had to take a group of kids. i would not have been happy! i thoroughly enjoying parading around the zoo waving and chatting with students & parents, sipping on a dr pepper. i also got to enjoy the bird show. and, i got to see the "ghost of the bayou" - the white alligator, which is on special exhibit right now. Here's a picture, not of ours (my camera was acting up, so none of the pictures I took actually worked. suck. time for a new camera!) All I know is that when I got back (mind you - yesterday was a 23,000 step day. Long & exhausting!) I was so tired, that I wasn't able to listen to simple questions & form answers properly. Luckily, my friend Ranae invited me (and my class) into her room to watch a video. PHEW! I could relax and be brain dead for a while. It was a hot day & I got sun, but not on my parted scalp, because I'm no dumby & I greased it up this morning with 30 SPF. YAY. I hate burnt cracks somethin' fierce!

So I'm sorry I'm dull & didn't blog (much/well) today. I've got sun. I came home and drank so so so much water. I am going to bed, as soon as I can drag myself out of this chair & in to wash my face.

12 comments:

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

fun times at the zoo! a little pepper always helps. sounds like better times than holly's recent trip to the l.v. zoo, har har. i hate burnt cracks, too. greasy hair is worth it, fo sho!

Jori said...

you were smart to grease your part. I always forget and then it burns and peels, and looks like I have freakish dandruff-ew! that white alligator looks cool. hopefully I will see it on the 4th of july. glad you had fun!

Holly O'Keefe said...

I love Natalie's use of fo sho. That is how I always say it in my head. Next time I am up there, I am making a trip to Hogle. I like Hogle. Even though they haven't replaced their polar bears yet. Have they???

Miss Jones said...

no, they haven't. i read a sign today that said that they're not going to until they can afford to buy a state of the art polar bear habitat for the.

Kristi said...

Burnt crack is the worst. I always get it at the pool. Hee. Sounds like a good day at the zoo--23,000 steps is awesome, by the way! Whoo!

Girl James said...

Hayley, I think this alligator would look really great with MK Cream & Sugar Lip Gloss on! (that's my way to tie my WANT into your blog! ahhh the trickery!). And, no obligation required, means I'll totally buy it! I might need eyeliner too because I just ran out...I used to get sable, but looks like the packaging changed...so 1 Dark Brown Signature Eyeliner as well please! :) Thanks!

JT said...

Is the ghost worth suffering through the rest of the zOo in the heat? I've got my own zoo here but I want to see that alligator, that is, if it is close enough to see without binoculars, etc.

also, what kind of food is served at dodo? I always get sidetracked by happy sumo at the gateway.

~jane

Kristin said...

What a day!! I'm sure it was so nice not having to lead around a pack of kids.

Miss Jones said...

(jamie - noted) and Jane - oh mh goodness. the dodo's menu is superb. its kinda expensive, so I always just get one of their sandwiches, but don't get me wrong - its scrumdidiliumptious (sp?) I always get their bbq sandwich or their hot ham & cheese sandwich. Then I would suggest getting their house salad. The dressing alone is worth a trip downtown. And, they have a pastry chef, Ramon, who is a baking god! I haven't tried all of their desserts, but my all time fav is his tollhouse pie. all the desserts are written on a board - you can choose. never been disappointed. i love taking people there on their maiden voyage. i'm taking heather the afternoon she flies in - you're welcome to meet us there! and as far as the alligator goes, yeah, you get close. there's a glass wall there, but he's in the ol' butterfly exhibit, if that means anything to you.

Miss Jones said...

oh - jamie - i looked in my inventory & i have 2 sable eyeliners. so - you let me know if you want the newbie (right now at least, eventually you'll/we'll have to move on) or good ol' sable still.

Girl James said...

sable me up girly! I haven't worn makeup in 2 weeks (because I've run out, and too lazy to just go buy some)...and eerily enough - i kinda like the whole no makeup thing. If I wore makeup it would just make me MORE late to work daily! haha. Although as I'm typing this, I realize I'm starting to look more and more like Amy Ray of the Indigo Girls...which would explain the sudden interest from the lesbian at work we just hired! SAVE ME!!!

Heather said...

Sounds like a long day, I'm glad you got to parade around and wave.