6.30.2007

i'm off to cafe rio

so... this morning, krystal and her kids left for their vacation & that is basically the end of them staying here. they'll be in and out to finish moving stuff over the next few weeks, but i don't think the kids will be here anymore, at least for a night's stay. i wonder what it'll be like to get an uninterrupted nights sleep again... i'll probably have a hard time sleeping - that's how whacky i am. i sat around in peace and quiet and watched tv off my dvr for a while. then i started some laundry. my extra bedroom smells like poop. terribly bad. i did a little investigation to make sure there wasn't actual poop laying around, then i started moving air fresheners, spraying febreze, vacuuming & striping beds. i was going to do it anyway this week, in order to have clean beds for heather's kiddies... might as well do it now & get rid of the smell. tonight, i'm hoping to turn the air off & let it air out in there, too. but, if you have any super tips, please feel free to share!

sometimes its painful to be my father's daughter. he has the world's most sensitive nose. i think i inherited it. i smell things that others around me can't. and it makes me want to puke. although, i think normal people should want to poop if their house smells like poop, too. but i don't think normal people can smell that smell like i can. geez louise! i inherited this quirk from dear ol' dad. he used to go on rants to find a smell... next thing you'd know - the fridge was cleaned out. or, he'd tell me i needed to wear deodorant (thanks, by the way, dad - now, i'm only slight ocd about having b.o.) don't get me wrong though, i love being my daddy's girl - its just that this smelling thing is sometimes a curse.this picture is so my dad doesn't sound like some sort of monster... he's not. i don't want him thinking i think he is a monster. he's just a cleaning nazi. most of the time, in the best of ways...

ok. so i had a dr pepper this morning, after they left. it was a toast to my new found independence (again) i didn't do it cause of an addiction though, i did it cause i have a drinking problem. hehe. no. i just wanted it. it made me happy. i'm fine with that.

i'm needing to run a few errands today: pharmacy to pick up an rx & the post office to mail out some fun mary kay samplers... and i've decided that since holly called and told me she was going to the rio for lunch, i was needing it to. i was drooling after thinking about it. so that'll be my third and final stop. i'll bring it home to enjoy, since i'm going in workout clothes. (that's what i clean in) and last night's makeup. (won't take the sunglasses off much)

have i mentioned that i have a week off (even though its busy with many many important appointments) and i'm so excited for the end of the week, when heather & family come?!? i am.

9 comments:

Kristi said...

Sounds like you're excited for Heather and her kids come to play! Yay for you guys. I hope your week is nice & relaxing :) I know what you mean about a sensitive nose, except it's my husband--he smells everything and has to find the source and will clean out the fridge, pantry, garbage, etc. It's actually quite nice for me...Enjoy your free day today!

Jori said...

Cafe Rio sounds lovely. I think I will head over, since Vegas finally has one. Mmm Mmmm good! I love it when family comes to visit. you and Heather will have a great time! I have a sensitive sniffer, Ryan has a sensitive taster, food will taste fine to me, but he will think something taste's like plastic, or soap,or freezer burn.

Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

We are going to have so much fun. I can't wait to see you, Heidi and Holly too. I hope Holly has the baby so we can see the new fella. Oh yes, please clean the poop smell...I inherited the same sniffer! hehe

Mom said...

Sure hope Holly is not sick of Cafe Rio. When I get there that is at the top of my list, too.
Sounds like you are having a good day. Nothing like cleaning to make you feel good about your day.
I need to tackle my closets. Yes, closets..... I use 3 of them now since all the girls are gone.

Miss Jones said...

ACTUALLY - here's what happened... i didn't do any errands, cause as soon as i posted, brookey called and we headed to the pool with her brother & about 6 nieces and nephews, including twin one year olds. fun fun fun. the kids have gotten big since i last saw them & i enjoyed my few hours playing with them. now, i'll run my errands quickly & relax tonight. probably won't make it to the post office, but that's what monday's for, yo!

Shelley said...

In Canada, we have these things called an Air Sponge. There's charcoal mixed in with some sort of white stuff, and it's good for about a month, as it's working it shrivels up, when its all tiny, you get a new one, and it sucks up all the bad stinky air. We used them when we moved into this crack house (literally, it used to be a crack house). The lady owned a bunch of cats, and those things really worked.

They sell them on Amazon!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i've got that sniffer too, and it's a million times worse when i'm preggers. chris is banned from eating salsa when i'm pregnant. i can smell him in the other room. your daddy is so cute. sounds like a fun day - hours at the pool, hooray. that is good times.

Holly O'Keefe said...

How's the stank today?