6.27.2007

i'm gonna have a headache...

so, krystal and i decided a while ago that we wanted to start going to institute, one of the main reasons being that we wanted to meet people. tonight was the 2nd class, our maiden voyage (last week was her birthday & we were both busy) and i have to say, it was pretty touching & powerful. i just barely got home, luckily i didn't crash my car. i was crying pretty hard, because i decided that it was necessary to call my parents & (wake them up?!) share my experience with them... which only magnified the feelings & then the tears.

when i cry hard, afterwards, i get a headache. i am not exactly sure why, but i'm done crying by now & i can feel the headache coming on. lets just say these were "good" tears, not sad ones. i was pretty touched & it got to me tonight. this experience i expected to have totally sideswiped me. i intended to meet people (did i? nope!) attempt to feel deep thoughts. it was the reverse of what i expected. i felt overwhelming deep thoughts, and only talked with krystal. ok, i talked with the teacher, too... he came over and joined our little conversation & even though i was embarrassed, i was really glad that he did, cause it made the class that much better for me, what private little tidbits i had to share & then he had to share, too...

i think i'm going to go to bed on this "high" - go finish washing my makeup off, brush my teeth and lay down. thank the heavens above for all of the many things in my life that i have to be grateful for.

10 comments:

Jori said...

you are a really cool girl hayley! so glad you had such a good experience.

PS-I get the biggest post cry headaches too.

Mom said...

You are our blessing. It is like a payday when we get calls like that.

Jan said...

Institute is great. I've been on both ends of it -- I taught several classes at the UNLV Institute, directed choirs there and in Reno, and then attended classes when I went back to school at UNLV as well. There's just something special about what they do there. Yay for you!

Holly O'Keefe said...

Tell us about it. Why was it so good? What was the discussion topic?

Miss Jones said...

it was about talents. we studied the parable of the talents. it just made me realize that i have a lot of talents, and some i'm doing great things with, but some i need to work harder to develop. what i can do with my talents in order to help the "kingdom" grow. how we're all going to have struggles. how our weaknesses can become our strengths. which brought to mind two of my favorite scriptures, Helamen 5:12 & Ether 12:27. That's what you get when you have the worlds best seminary teacher, you can still remember 'em 10 years later!!! (thanks momma!)

Jori said...

you sure do have a lot of talents. Plus I just noticed 2 days without the pepper, and 17,000 steps! very good, you really have been my pedometer/walking inspiration.

Kristi said...

Wow--I'm so happy for you that Institute was so spiritually uplifting. What an awesome experience for you. :) Hope you have a good day today

Shelley said...

Awesome! (Usually after I cry, I'm just soooooo tired, and I fall asleep.)

We just had that lesson in Sunday School this past Sunday! It was a really insightful lesson, and the teacher pointed out that every tiny, little thing we do, is a "talent" given to us by God. It was really quite insightful. :) I'm sure your parents didn't mind being woken up (awakened?...) to such a call.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

yay, i love spiritual highs. it's so important that we remember those feelings to spur us on to the next spiritual high, and on to the next and the next. that's what keeps us going! i'm so happy you enjoyed it. and there's always next week for meeting people! :)

Heather said...

I'm so glad you have such a good night Hayley. The parable of the talents is a good topic, we all need to be reminded we have some good ones and need to use them!