6.23.2007

i'm getting my skinny face back

so i got a new camera. and last night i took a bunch of pictures (mostly of annie & emma) but as I was loading them onto my computer last night, late, i came across a picture of me from 2004. holy hell. i've really let myself go. i don't know if you remember, but a while ago, i posted about krystal & with that, i put up a picture of us on the beach, in hawaii. that picture was from fall of 99. it was a while ago, sure - but not that long. i couldn't get over how flat my stomach was back then & how toned my arms were. now, in the last week and a half, i've made a valiant effort to get up and work out. but i'm seriously going to kick this up about 400 notches. i don't want to have a chubby face anymore. i don't want chuck cutting off circulation & hanging over my pants, making it so i can't see my feet, if i look down (very small feet, i have) i don't want arms that are the size of what my thighs should be. (that is a bit dramatic, i know... but you get the point!) this isn't about just the cruise anymore, even though i leave for my cruise in 2 months & 17 days. this isn't just about actually - shockingly - feeling better, more energy, etc... this is about the fact that i'm only 28. i've lost my game. i'm getting it back. you've been forwarned!

now, here are some embarressing skinny face/fat face pictures. i have to hold myself accountable!

skinny face


fat face

9 comments:

Jori said...

you look beau-tee-ful!! You are motivating me! my face is so fat right now it's making my eyes squint. Ryan and I are starting to weigh in front of each other, I think that will really help to be accountable to somebody. Good Job!!

Holly O'Keefe said...

Jori, you are weighing yourself in front of your husband? I am super impressed. Hayley, I'm telling you, start a food journal. You'll realize more than just calorie intake, but also days when you didn't eat enough veggies, grains, etc. DO IT. Fitday.com is free.

Miss Jones said...

holly - you're right. i will start that tomorrow. not enough time right now, as i'm trying to get ready to go boating. plus a little cleaning, first. yikes.

Kristin said...

You look great, Hayl!!

Heather said...

A food journal is a great place to start getting a handle on the "secret" little calories you eat...the ones that really add up. When I have done it in the past...I just don't grab that handful of chips (or whatever) because I don't want to write it down. Also, the eating out really adds up. I know I know no more nagging!! But I'm so glad you have gotten motivated, that's WON-DER-FUL!! You're getting your groove back.

Jori said...

thanks for the fitday.com tip holly!! I am kind of embarassed to weigh in front of Ryan but I am desperate.

Kristi said...

Hayley--I think you look great! You really have a skinny face (and I'm sure a skinny body). Good for you for working hard at it! Where are you going on your cruise?

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i'm proud of you. i need to work on my flabby bod. more than i am. like cutting out the cookies. but it's hard. i got weighed at my yearly invastion (i never weigh) and my weight was at where it was before i had mason. so not ideal...i needed to loose 10-15 pounds then, too, but at least i haven't gained more yet. is that sad that i consider that a victory? well, what are you gonna do? but then i'm like, how hard do i want to work, when i'm getting ready to start working on baby #3? do i want to work it all off just to put it back on? the answer should be yes. but somehow, it's sort of a "ehhh...i don't know." lazy, lazy girl i am!

Shelley said...

I'm with you Natalie... I so need to cut out the cookies and the bonus items I seem to alway sneak myself. lol

Love the fat face/skinny face comparrison... Your skinny face looks more tan too, and you're definitely happier looking with a skinny face too. Good Job! Maybe I should get a pedometer and wake up at 5:15... (maybe not so early though!)