6.09.2007

i feel so cool

I slept in a little today. felt nice. my back has been in overdrive for a few days now, but i'm not giving in. just remind me of that, if it goes out and i'm complaining. cause i have been pushing it, but - my house is so clean right now. thursday night i had to do "dejunking" due to the friday appraisal. there were things that i wanted to do, but didn't get to it. i got tired.

well, this morning, when i woke up, i was delighted to find another new episode of studio 60 waiting for me on my dvr. so i watched. i love that show, i wish the network wasn't screwing with me. so after that, i realized that if i sit and watch tv all day, i'm definitely not going to get my 10,000 steps in & i've been doing soooooo good with that this week. so, i decided to start cleaning. vacuuming. then in crevices (hehe... ugly word) then i decided to get my bucket & rag out and start washing baseboards. did that for a while. wiped down walls too, as necessary. kept thinking "this is my michael blood!" i even wiped down my front door, inside and out. looked good. granted, i should've done all of these things before the appraiser came, but he said my house was nice & that he was impressed that someone so young (i liked him a lot!) had such a nice house. ok... so, i finish cleaning. my arm pits are stinking! my boyfriend is B.O. onions! and i'm not done. so i make my lunch. a big glass of milk, a taco & an apple. i finished my lunch & re cleaned the kitchen. this place is so spotless right now, i am compulsive enough to clean up, right after my meal! so i sit here at my desk & start working more on my music project. I've gotten lots of new music lately & through the blogging world, have gotten lots of good suggestions (thanks natalie & kristi!) and i was so jazzed to find that one of the albums that i have and love has that ray lamontagne guy's song. (had already requested his cd from the library) It was the music from the movie "The Last Kiss" with Zach Braff. I watch Scrubs & I'm a fan of Zach Braff's. He's got excellent taste in music, so I always get the movie's soundtracks that he's in. I love this one! Its even got my favorite Fiona Apple song! Check it out...
So here's what I've decided. I might not get my 10,000 in today, but i'm motivated to do things. I'm going to work on a recipe/workout project i've been working on (saving things from magazines & organizing) and some school projects. holy crap - i've got a whole quarter's worth of grades to input & am running out of procrastinating time. i'm going to keep going. i know my hearts been pumping, cause i'm stinky & i'm going to have things checked off the "to do" list. yay. i love days like this. if only i had a hot date to get ready for tonight. alas, i don't, so i'll probably finish my book (finally) tonight!

8 comments:

Kristi said...

Good for you! That's awesome you're so moviated and getting things done. I wish I felt like you about cleaning ;) I need to check out that soundtrack to The Last Kiss. I like Zach Braff, too, and I really like Ray Lamontagne. I like Death Cab for Cutie, now, too and had never listened to them before. Post more of your music picks if you can--I'm always up for new music!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

there's something so satisfying about getting things done. hmm, haven't felt that satisfaction in a while. need to get my biscuit off the computer and into my filthy bathroom! i've got to check out the last kiss soundtrack. i'd go for some of those grey's anatomy songs, too. time for an entire post of music, please! :)

Heather said...

I like that Ray guy too. I wish my library had more CD. So, I downloaded some new (to me anyway) music. I totally know a lot of Coldplay songs but I didn't know it was them. Like Clocks-hello! Glad you got so much cleaning in. Me too.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

heather, get some coldplay from x&y. those are my faves. "a message", "swallowed in the sea", "speed of sound", "talk", "fix you". that should get you started. hayley, you totally motivated me. i got my house vacuumed and my filthy shower cleaned with bleach. nice! also, i want you to tell me about how studio 60 ends. i watched all of the episodes early in the season but once i found out it was cancelled, i decided not to watch the rest. i am curious, thought...

Holly O'Keefe said...

Was Studio 60 officially cancelled? I didn't realize. Shootfire! Although, I am kinda bored with that show. Sorry Hayley. Don't beat me senseless for saying that.

Mom said...

I ordered The Last Kiss from the library. I'm enjoying your blog suggestions. Thanks....

Shelley said...

I love Zach Braff too. The Garden State soundtrack is one of my all time favorite soundtracks now. :) I'll have to check out the last kiss stdk too. I saw the movie and did love the music (of course).

Kristi said...

I'm loving this soundtrack. I think I might have to post some of the songs on my blog! Thanks for the hot tip! So glad about today (again!)