6.26.2007

a funny neddie story

So most mornings, I call and chat with my momma on the way to work. Her energy always gives me a little boost - it is good for my students to have these chats. This morning we were talking about how hair stylist always wear these chunky high heels & how we don't understand how they can be on their feet all day in those bad boys. then Ned says "you know, I used to wear shoes like that, but I just can't anymore." She didn't wear slutty shoes, she just used to wear heals. My mom's one of the worlds biggest prisses. Sometimes she can contain it, but others she can't & it slips out (like that comment) Then, we moved on to how she's got court today for the ticket that she got in her little car accident last month. I said "mom, show a little cleavage. not slutty cleavage, just tempting cleavage..." she chuckled & said "i better go dig out my heals, too!" i like her. she's great. isn't it fun knowing that you're own mom is a cool little lady? she may be the world's biggest nerd & you might want to kick her to tibet sometimes... but mostly - you enjoy having her around? i am thankful for her. even all her prissiness.

13 comments:

Jan said...

You'll have to let us know if she busted out the cleavage and heels for court. (little play on words there -- hahahaha!!)

Mel said...

nice! hehe. my dad told my mom to wear a bikini to let some workmen into their duplex they manage, then maybe they'd do it for free. ha!! they make me laugh.

Jori said...

my mom and i were talking about somebody with marital problems. my mom said "men get horny, maybe she wasn't taking care of business." i about choked to death i was laughing so hard, that is not something you expect to come out of your mother's mouth.

Heather said...

I wonder if she did show a little cleavage?

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i heart ned and i don't even know her. maybe someday i'll get to meet her, in all of her prissy glory.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Natalie, you never met my mom when we lived together? That is hard to believe. Maybe you just don't remember.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i was so in and out, visiting my man up in rexburg, and it was only a semester. i think i remember them visiting, but i don't think i met them!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

ps - remember our trip to rexburg? i'm thinking i must have met hayley then, but had no idea that someday we'd be besties/gf's. weird. "delilah! love someone toniiiiiiight."

Mom said...

I'm not telling what I did or did not do but the judge threw out the case and told me I was free to go home!!!! So whatever I did, it worked.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Delilah. Yes, I remember our Rexburg trip. And come to think of it, I don't think my parents visited our apartment often. I would go up to Salt Lake when they were in town, so there's a good chance you didn't meet them. You were gone a lot on weekends and I was gone a lot on weekends visiting my guy in Michigan. Good times.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i love neddie even more now. a lady never reveals her secrets.

Shelley said...

haha tempting cleavage and heels. heh! Did it help get rid of the ticket? ;)

Kristi said...

That's hilarious. I love that you can joke around with your mom--it sounds like you have a great relationship.