6.15.2007

crash and burn

I gave in this morning. I drank a dr pepper. mainly because my roommate's son woke me up about a half hour earlier than i'd intended... at 4:30. i couldn't fall back asleep. and I was getting up to work out. so... besides being tired from working out two days in a row, i'm also slightly suffering from sleep deprivation. i'm pretty sure i know someone staying home to go to bed early tonight... me!
a lady who works at my school has a son who manages a local johnny carino's, or manages their catering department. apparently - they've got a quota to fill of catering charitable lunches every so often. we just had a delicious lunch brought in, all for free! I'm so impressed that a company does that. plus, they had out these "lunch frequent shopper" cards. you're apposed (hehe) to buy 5 lunches & get a 6th one free. they signed off for 4 of the lunchs. so - i just need to buy one lunch, to get my free one. how cool is that? plus, they brought in my favorite dish - bowtie festival! and so as you can imagine, this little porker was so thrilled. one of my favorite meals, free!

6 comments:

Jori said...

I am so annoyed, that all looks so good so I got on carino's website and they don't have one in Vegas. Major dissapointment. At least one of us is happy, glad you got a free lunch. :)

Holly O'Keefe said...

Oooh, that does sound good. And I too am impressed that a company donates charitable lunches. Good score! Jori, Carino's is good, but you have Macaroni Grill, it is even better!

Emily said...

Hayley my mission pres. wife swore that if you want to get off caffiene that you need to eat an apple first thing in the morning and when ever the craving starts. I don't know if it's true, because i love my diet coke too much to try it. drink lots of water and it'll keep the headaches away!

Jori said...

Good call Holly! I love Macaroni Grill. I love Pasta Milano or Chicken Portobello. I think that will be my vote for din din.

Kristi said...

Man, nice work, Hayley! Free lunch from Johnny's is what I'm talking about. Lucky girl. Sure beats my tuna fish sanwich :( I've never had their bowtie festival, but now I want to!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i love the italian nachos from johnny carinos. yumyumyum. free food rocks.