6.19.2007

closer to fine

I went to the Indigo Girls concert tonight @ Red Butte Gardens. Lovely evening. Very slanted, and my nether regions were numb a large part of the night, but it was a great night. I belted out many of my favorite songs at the top of my lungs & didn't care if the many lesbian couples surrounding me were offended my lack of talent in the singing department. hey - i figure if i have to sit and smell your booze & watch you making out nasty style, then you have to hear me sing off key. my very slanted comment, i just realized might throw people off. we were sitting on a very steep hill. it was hard not to feel drunk - cause a 100% sober person had a hard time maintaining balance.

A couple of things about the girls. I love their music. It speaks to my soul. I'm sure they speak to your soul, too. Maybe the shout to you or whisper to you, but I think that if you're not a fan, you need to think long and hard about what your problems are. I love that they are the most stereotypical of lesbians, mullets & all. oldish, non stylish clothing, jeans that are from the 80's style. and what a crowd they attrack. goodness. My 10 year old niece was with me & she kept looking at me tonight like "ahh!!!" and I'd just smile and pretend it wasn't happening. freak show!

Also - New Music Tuesday stands for more than just iTunes today... The opener was Brandi Carlisle. I was sitting there during her first song & I'm thinking, she's good, I bet she's on Grey's Anatomy. So I text Meeja (my resident Grey's music expert) and she verifies my statement - low and behold, I'm right. Man, I am good! I recommend her! I think she's got a couple of albums out!

Last but not least, as my goal is to make it to bed before midnight (not happening, but I'll try) - I'll be at the zoo tomorrow on a field trip, so I won't be on the blogginscene until later in the afternoon. I'll miss everyone. Try to put your lives on hold so I don't miss anything. (Yes, the world revolves around me)

10 comments:

Mel said...

yay for indigo girls! sad that i couldn't afford to go. sucks to be me. glad you had a good time.

Heather said...

I'm sure Emma was all eyes at that concert. Nice! I bet you are having a "blast" at the zoo today. Do you have a bunch of parent helpers there? The teachers here have so many helpers they get to walk around with their teacher friends. I hope that is how it is for you today.

Jori said...

Glad you had fun! I think I went to a john tesh concert there once. heehee I'm a nerd. I thought he rocked on the piano.(don't judge me this was in 1995.) :)

I hope you had a great time at the zoo!!

Holly O'Keefe said...

Lucky duck. Indigo Girls and the zoo. I am green with envy. But so happy you are having fun fun fun.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

ooh, love the indigo girls. "all that we let in" is one of my themes. and if you're not familiar with it (it's a newer one) please go download it. i have goosebumps as i sing it in my head.

Emily said...

Lucky you to go to the zoo! Isn't the white alligator awesome? The concert sounded fun. I like to mess with drunk people and on a hill you could done some pretty fun tricks!

Kristi said...

You're hilarious! Indigo girls are great--80's lesbians and all. How fun to go to their concert! One of Nolan's favorite songs to play on the guitar is Closer to Fine. Enjoy your day at the Zoo!

Holly O'Keefe said...

I'm with you Natalie. "We're better off for all that we let in." I'm totally singing! And a little teary. This song does that to me for some reason.

Girl James said...

Last time I saw the "Girls" one of them had seriously worked with an Image Counselor. She was semi-stylish. Way cuter than any photo on any album she'd been on. I was quite impressed. Not attracted, mind you - but impressed with the effort! haha. Jealous you saw them. I need to read more City Weekly to hear about up-coming shows.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

hmmm, hayley, jamie's comment has me hoping that you haven't forgotten about me in favor of the semi-stylish indigo girl. natley forever, don't forget. i'm glad "all that we let in" makes others tear up. goose bump city. even if it is a lesbian love song! :)