6.27.2007

checklists, consequences & mayham

so the last week of school, teachers have a 3 page checkout list. certain things have to be signed by certain people. yesterday afternoon, i pulled my head out of my butt long enough to realize that the clock was ticking & that i needed to start getting things done. i think that's why i'm almost up to 10,000 steps today, before 10 am (which by the way, will be a record for me!) cause this morning, i've made a good 10 trips down to the office so far & those little trips start adding up quick.

am i totally horrible? i sent my students home with tote trays to clean last night. i told them they need to bring it back today, in order to participate in our 2nd grade "field day", which is just a glorified p.e. rotation with all the teachers doing different games outside, after recess until before lunch. i had about 5 kids not bring it this morning. i had them call home. one still doesn't have his tote tray turned in. i told him to call again, cause time is running out. i have to not let him participate now. (especially this kid, cause i'll never see the tote tray again, if i don't make a big deal out of it!)

anyway - i was able to work out this morning, for a good 40 minutes. and, i jogged for almost 5. then i did a bend over the treadmill move heaving my way back to life. i was sweating like a stuffed pig. it was ugly. but i'm feeling good now! and i wore a "tight" pair of pants today & they're not feeling tight. yippee!!! that rocks my world more than you can imagine!

7 comments:

Heather said...

Good job on the treadmill "wog" walking and running...a Jenniferism. I bet you are feeling good in your tight jeans. Bring on the trips to the office honey! And about the tote trays...poor kid, but you've got to keep your word. Hopefully, the mom will pull her head out of her butt for long enough to remember.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Once you start noticing a difference in your clothes, you will officially be addicted to losing weight. Good for you!

Mel said...

i hate those stupid checkout lists, I'm always trying to think of what I can get signed off. Good luck with working out this morning, I failed in that. Suck!

Miss Jones said...

his mom brought the tote tray during recess. that lady is a piece of work, i hate to say. so everyone got to play. it was fun!!!

Shelley said...

That's awesome about your once tight jeans fitting well! I have a pair like that I'm working on getting into. If the weather keeps up like it is, I'll sweat it all off without doing any hard work!
Glad you got the bin back. :D

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

glad she showed up. poor kid. hooray for tight pants feeling loose! that is such a great feeling. keep it up!

Mom said...

That is such a good feeling. I like it when my rings are big and my watch turns on my arm. Good for you, Hayley.