6.22.2007

author party

So I got a bug up my butt today in the form of an idea for planning/organization for next year. It took me about an hour to complete, mainly because I had students to attend to at the same time. I was one tracking horribly though. Especially since I had to have my classroom "parent ready" - which means we cleaned our desks & I cleaned tables. my classroom was looking sharp. mike jones impressible. Right after lunch, our author party started. Parents started showing up. Kids started reading their books. (We've been working hard - blood, sweat, and tears for some - for the last two weeks to get these bare books ready.) Parents looked proud. Pictures were taken. There was about 10 minutes left, when I finally looked at my whiteboard. The date - said June 20, 2007... still. that was great two days ago. Today's the 22nd. I felt like an idiot. If parents noticed, I don't care. Or I can't care, cause it was too late! Nice Jones, nice.

4 comments:

Kristi said...

At least you got all your books done! I'm sure the parents loved the party and didn't even notice! I wouldn't have.

Emily said...

I'm sure the parents noticed and are mocking their childs teacher all the way home. j/k! they were probably so wrapped up in their kid that everything else went un noticed.

Heather said...

I wouldn't judge you (as a parent) for having the date wrong. I probably wouldn't even notice. I'd be more interested in the book my child did!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

yeah, i'll bet hardly anyone noticed. i never have any idea what the date is. that's a weird thing that happened after i had mason, and the dates have never come back. it's always a mystery to me. those books look fun. you are a rockin' teacher. i'm sure the kids and parents love you.