I love the Lenny Kravitz song. Whenever I hear it, I belt it out. I am a fan of Lenny. He's gorgeous... But I'm also proud to be an American. woman. I'm reading A Thousand Splendid Suns right now. I love this author & I think I love the theme, reading about women and life in Arabia. It makes me so happy to be born, in my county, in this day and age. We're not perfect, our culture, but we're lucky and amazing. we're free. I am so thankful I wasn't forced into marriage, to an old man, an abusive old man, especially.
This morning at the gym, I was thinking about all of the books on this topic that I've read. I must be somewhat facinated by the topic, cause it feels like I've read a lot. Here's a list of some of the books that I can remember reading about women (or men, too) in the Middle East:
1. Nine Parts of Desire
3. Stolen Lives
4. A Thousand Splendid Suns (currently reading)
5. Infidel (its in my stack)
6. The Kite Runner (not technically about women, but one of my all time favorites & I don't argue with Holly!)
7. Reading Lolita in Tehran (ps... have you read lolita? that book is whacked!)
8. Not Without My Daughter (thanks for reminding me Natalie!)
Does anyone share this obsession? Do you have any other books? I wouldn't mind having more suggestions, or being reminded of ones I've read :)
Have a good day. Enjoy that in this heat, you can wear capris & sandals & short sleeve shorts & not bring shame to your family.