5.21.2007

while the cats away...

the kids will watch caillou. i got down to holly's. she'd strategically made him fall asleep moments before i got here. then right as he woke up, holly and kevin were off to see a movie. nice. i'm totally kidding - i offered. first thing connor wanted to do is watch caillou though & me being the lazy auntie that i am, i'm obliging. (in my defense, i'm tired too, so i'm enjoying sitting and snuggling with him)

this kid is cute. he's talking lots more. he's saying "blankey" and when i said "give hayley a kiss" he leaned his head toward me & let me kiss him. yes. score. that warranted an arm pump to myself accompanied by my "yes!" one of my all time favorites: eyebrow raises. he's so expressive. i also adore his incredibly long eyelashes.

so a few things happened on the road today. i got passed by a buick. and the driver - a gray haired old man. i felt pretty fartish. so i sped up and let him be the token speeder. then after a while, i got some balls & sped right up. dumb buick. but i did enjoy watching the spray of feathers all over when he hit a bird. i don't enjoy the bird dying, but the surprise it brought me with all the feathers, kinda worth it. it kept me from falling asleep at the wheel.

then, i went to Bajio on my way in. right by holly's house. i left my house in a hurry this morning & forgot breakfast. so, but lunch time, i was starving. wanting something "heavy" I get in line to order some steak tacos... mhmmm.. so i'm in line when i watch this girl walk straight towards me. then she starts talking to me. well, if you know me, you know that i don't like random strange people talking to me. i'm from chicago. we're not friendly folk there. we keep to ourselves. so, she starts talking to me about bon jovi. i'm thinking "what the hell?" when i get a boobie touch (for free) and then i realize that the reason she's talking to me about bon jovi is because i'm wearing my bon jovi tshirt. oh good hell. i mean i'm all about my boobies being played with, but not by retarded worker girls at the local bajio. haha. i can just hear my mom saying "oh hayley" for the record - my boobies don't get played with nearly often enough. its sad. i'm 99.9% sure the girl was retarded in some form or another. normal people don't touch your boobies, right? either she was retarded or a giant lesbian. if that's the option, i wasn't into her. darn. (i'm doing my evil laugh right now)

connor's tooting. i better go attend to him. this kid is a pooping machine ~ not a trait he gets from his best auntie at all... just don't ask how many poopers i've made since i've been here. sorry people. i like to mark my territory.

13 comments:

Mel said...

Boobie touches by a retarded worker girl, not so fun. This made me laugh! Enjoy St. George! Is it hotter than hell?

Shelley said...

Retarded free boobie touch... not good. Poop... not good. Cute baby seems like the high of the day. :) Enjoy it.

Heather said...

Oh my gosh Hayley, you are funny. Did you get a Bon Jovi t-shirt because Jon is so HOT? Just wondering.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

quit complaining about a free grope. you know you loved it.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

ps - how are we going to be besties if you hate talking to strangers? i AM that person who goes up to whoever, wherever and strikes up a converstation. apparently, people probably think i'm retarded. fantastic. it's my southern genes. we're chatty!

Holly O'Keefe said...

Hayley is choking on movie theater popcorn right now. She inhaled it as I read her comments out loud to her. How nice are we, we brought home a full bucket of poipcorn from the movie. Connor is running around in his diaper, apparently she had to change a diaper. For the record, she was changing her own diaper when we got home. I better check, she's already clogged her toilet.

Heather said...

Hey wait...I'm the only sister that hasn't gotten free child-care out of you! What's up with that?

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

dude, a girl after my own heart! i like to keep things moving over here, too. i haven't turned to diapers yet, although i have considered it when i'm pregnant. getting up every hour on the hour in the night to pee when your 7+ months pregnant is just too much trouble. give the pregnant lady the depends! there's no shame in it. ps - holly, the spelling police. you said poipcorn. probably just a jones-ism. "want me to poip some poipcorn?"

Miss Jones said...

not a jonesism natalie, just pure dumbism ala holly :) and i wasn't changing my diaper. i'm not "on the rag" as natalie suggested... just dropping anchor. but i do have a history of clogging toilets. oops. connor was nakey cause he's adorable nakey, with penis #2 and all. and heather - its not free - holly literally buys my lunches when i'm here and we go out. so i have to earn my keep somehow... :) but i was choking. it was a near death experience. had to even put connor down. he didn't appreciate being cut off from the "poipcorn"

Holly O'Keefe said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Holly O'Keefe said...

Heather, come on now. I don't think you haven't had Hayley watch the kids. She spends months at a time at your house! How can we deny this auntie some quality time with the kids???

Kristi said...

Oh my word, that is freakin ha-larious! Dude, I'm sorry to say but I'm all about strangers copin a feel. In fact, I prefer it. It's a great way to make new friends. If we ever meet, you'll know what to expect...sounds like you're having fun at Holly's!

Kristi said...

PS I'm so excited to be link pals...all my dreams are finally coming true ;) Hooray!