5.14.2007

testing, vandalism & the trots...

I'm sure that's way more information ALREADY than you ever wanted to hear, but its what my day has been... I think the trots are due to the stress of testing. I had 100% attendance this morning & we're done for the day, so that should ease my pain a little. Tomorrow is the math test & then we'll be done. I don't like doing make ups. I came to school this morning extra early, because I wanted to get things all set up for testing. I found out when I got here that there was some pretty serious vandalism at my school on Saturday afternoon. 3 of the main entrance doors were broken, the glass, i mean. it was all shattered... i would assume with bats & rocks. also, our recycling bin was set on fire. it happened in daylight, on the side of the school facing houses. Doesn't seem like they broke in & took anything, but still. I know I'm a freak, but with all of the things that've happened lately - Virginia Tech & the Trolley Square shooting, it made me nervous & scared. What kinda world do we live in? Why do people do this? What kinda people think its a good idea to go break doors/windows at a school?!? So disturbing. I also just finished last night Jodi Picoult's newest book, Nineteen Minutes. Great book, but involves a school shooting. Had me a little upset last night... Now, even more so. I also just gave my kids about 15 minutes of free time before lunch. I heard one of my kids say "i'll go get my dad's 22" what the hell!?! I talked to him... He's a good kid, just kinda a loud mouth. He's the one that's always pushing things... I'm going to talk to the principal about it at lunch. I'm going to talk to his mom about it tomorrow morning, when she comes in. I'm sure he didn't mean it, but he needs to have a little Jesus scared into him.

7 comments:

Mel said...

i was so freaked out about the vandalism thing this morning too. I hate knowing that someone did that to OUR school! Definitely freaky!

Heather said...

Yeah and we had a bomb scare last week in our ISD. What's up with all that? I agree that kid needs a talking to.

Holly O'Keefe said...

no matter how "good" that kid is, get him kicked out of school for threatening to bring a gun. I swear, let's have some consequences!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

no wonder i feel so at home with the jones girls, what with all this poop talk going on. sorry about your trots. keep your guard up. nothing is worse than thinking the danger-zone has passed. you try to sneak a little gas out and suddenly you're in a world of hurt. (speaking from experience.) hope you packed some extra britches.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Hang around Hayley long enough you realize the trots are NOTHING new.

Miss Jones said...

in my defense - i developed a milk allergy due to having strep (SP??) settle in my kidneys. its not like i'm just a greasey eater. but i do love me some buffalo wings.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Yes, but you chose to ignore the milk allergy. Just kidding, I know you take meds. Calm yourself.