5.07.2007

schlepping


ever want to hear the cutest voice known to man? all you need to do is talk to Hayden. its raspy. and deep-ish. not freaky style, but for a kid, its deep. i just saw a picture of him flash up on my screensaver, from Christmas. One of my favorite memories of him during that trip was when Heather was calling for a downstairs clean up... I offered to help him, cause he was told not to "schlep" something that he was supposed to be cleaning. From his pile, he did have a lot, and he was upset cause he was going to have to make many trips. So I got off my duff & helped him do it in one trip upstairs. When I got to his room, I put the stuff that I'd carried down in the middle of the floor. He said "Oh no, you can't just schlep that there." haha. I informed him that I could in fact, that my deal was not to put his crap away, just to help him get it upstairs. I don't think he appreciated my schlepping... I appreciated his vocabulary usage though.

5 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

I love his pose in that picture. By the way, we need a link to dictionary.com or something for the word of the day. Now that you are so good with the links!!!!

Miss Jones said...

maybe if you signed into msn & could walk me through it, i could... also, notice his hairdo? i fauxhawked him that morning... he loved it!

Heather said...

That is pretty funny. I like the hair.

Heather said...

I can't link onto pratfall. What does it mean???

Heather said...

prat·fall /ˈprætˌfɔl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[prat-fawl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–noun 1. a fall in which one lands on the buttocks, often regarded as comical or humiliating.
2. a humiliating blunder or defeat.