5.04.2007

one year ago...

so it was one year ago today, that I got that fateful call from a sweet little temple worker wondering about the details of my wedding that had just been cancelled. i think that might be part of the reason i've been in this funk this week, that i haven't been able to shake. oh how things change so quickly & you realize that your life isn't at all what you thought, expected or wanted. sometimes i think about where i'd be if he hadn't turned out to be a total lying creep. i know i can't dwell on it. cause that's not who he is, or ever was, apparently. its unfortunate, cause the person i thought he was, was kinda cool. oh well. they say there's someone better out there for me. i'm not holding my breathe - but i'm still keeping my fingers crossed in hopes. at least i still have my rapist's wit to bounce back with. haha.

luckily i'll go over and see Annie tonight. she always makes me feel better about any & everything. a four year old world is pretty simple. we'll snuggle on the "puff" with our "wee" and for that short little while, my world will be perfect.

6 comments:

Heather said...

I can't believe it's been a year already Hayley. You be sure to call us tonight (on my cell) with Annie on the line.

Miss Jones said...

yeah, i'm feeling on the wimpy side. i've cried a few times. just a hard day for me. can't wait til its over.

Mel said...

I love the picture of Annie! It's ok to feel wimpy sometimes. Sometimes you just need a good cry.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

do you like it when total strangers read about your personal biz? (and then comment on it! i have some nerve!) :) i just had to say that my heart totally goes out to you - i didn't know that had happened to you. something else you should (and i'm sure you have) consider is where you would be if you hadn't found out he was a lying jerk when you did. the way that things go down is so mysterious, like you said - you never know how and when or why things are going to change, but in the end everything will come together in the crazy way that they always do, and it will all make sense. in the mean time, a good cry is definitely a good thing. :)

Holly O'Keefe said...

By the way, I am curious, what is a rapist's wit?

Miss Jones said...

hahaha. i laughed through my tears when i used that line. its a quote from dumb and dumber. when harry sends lloyd over to meet lauren holly's character... he says "tell her i have a rapist's wit." i funny