5.26.2007

nightie night

before i started wearing "g-s" i slept as nakey as possible. depending on who was around, a tank top was the most you'd get, unless it was the dead of winter. now i just sleep in my skivveys. (how do you spell that word?) i do grace my roommate with a little modesty, mostly for the sake of her children, but when they're away for a weekend - i'm a streaker. this is a trait i get from good ol' nedra. i can still hear her giggling as she runs across the top of our house nakey. too bad i don't have a picture to insert (hehe... i purposely used it cause its on kristi's list) here.

so i decided that i'm going to choose as a part of my budget when i refinance, etc - that if i'm going to be living alone again after over a year of a roommate or more, i'm going to get a security system installed. so i can sleep better at night. cause heaven only knows i need all the help with that i can get. i'm going to start shopping companies, so if you have one you prefer - let me know. thanks. i'll be looking at adt first, cause i already have a sticker of theirs in my window. that's my deterrent right now for the bad guys. a sticker promising protection, luckily for me they haven't tested it out.

i'm going to get ready for bed now. i'm going to give the ol vicks treatment another go. i figger i'll take all the help i can get. i'm going to take a nice long swig of my nighttime syrup, too. and rub some vicks on my chest... mhmmm sounds naughty. tomorrow krystal and i are going to brave a singles ward. yuck. i can only begin to imagine the trauma that'll be. last time i went to a singles ward, a girl got up and announced over the pulput gory details of her sexual abuse suffered as a child. terrible, but not to be discussed in testimony! then a guy talked about his brother Jesus getting killed at war. Holy crap, I was dying. But I'm going to brave it. How else am I going to meet anyone? I'm only getting older & the guys are only getting shorter and balder. Not that bald is bad. But I always imagined that I'd be with someone as they balded, not had to get him bald to begin with. But I guess he's going to get me already chubby, so its a fair trade. anyway - i'm sure the singles ward will make for a few interesting posts tomorrow! i'll be crying my way through it & you guys will be laughing your asses off. appreciate your husbands people. appreciate having someone to cuddle in bed. appreciate having someone to make dinner for. appreciate having someone to roll your eyes at. appreciate having someone to make fun of your little quirks. appreciate having the opportunity to have a baby if you see fit. those are the things i wish i had. most of the time at least.

8 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

I am excited to hear about the singles ward experience. Were there any Dwight look-alikes?

Heather said...

I hope the singles ward wasn't all bad. Do fill us in! You made me giggle with the comments about him bald and you chubby. Love ya Hay.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

thanks for the deets about your sleeping wardrobe. for the record, my mom was a streaker, too! good heavens. i am a tee & pj bottoms girl. otherwise i freeze. can't wait to hear about the singles ward! who knows, maybe you'll meet a hottie. there's a single guy in our stake that i absolutely love, but alas, as you pointed out, he's bald and short. cool guy, though. i also have a semi-single brother in law. he's been dating the same girl for a couple of years. we really like her, but it seems like poop or get off the pot time to me. we'll see. i also have my single brother, but he requires too much rehabilitation for a girl who attends the singles ward! ;) by the way, this is not just a random list of all the single people i know...i was trying to think of who i could set up up with. since i'm sure that's your favorite thing. anyway, thanks for the reminders about being grateful for our hubbies. i need that reminder sometimes! (but not right now. i really appreciate him when he's out of town, grrrr. we hate that!)

Shelley said...

Indeed... thank you for the reminder. I don't think I'm all that grateful for my husband sometimes. Its really horrible. I am a horrible person. And to top off my ingratitude... HE'S usually the one cooking ME dinners. :( I suck.

Kristi said...

Thank you for using the word insert!!! I'm so glad I'm spreading the word has penetrated your vocabulary (gross!) Also, I always sleep in my skivvies at night (ok, this it tmi, for sure) and my husband is like, "can you put on some pahjamas?" How sad for me :)

Kristi said...

Ok, I'm really embarrassed i put that on there...are you embarrassed to know me?

Miss Jones said...

not embarressed at all. i like this circle of friends. nothing is beyond what we talk about!

Jennifer said...

I just love visiting your blog every now and then. You are right, I will appreciate all the things you told me, but only if you remember to appreciate those sleep filled nights and decisions to eat dinner where you want. I could revel in your green grass more, but your post has made me appreciate my own fluffy green turf. Thank you;)