5.30.2007

new guy

So I just talked to my dad on the phone, he's on his way home from the airport from a trip canada. I love him. I missed talking to him for a few days. He's a huge part of where I get my sass. He's one of my favorite people. ever. I was asking about his trip. He said "I took the new guy with me." Apparently they'd hired a new guy, while back. I spurted out "new guys over in the corner puking his guts out, saying 'oh my gosh.'" (yes, i edit somethings!) then there was an awkward short silence, & i says to my daddy, "betcha don't know what movie that's from" and he says "yeah, its that fat guy, from one of those movies you liked" He knew it was Chris Farley! I was so impressed. I'm still smiling about it! Why can my dad be so fun & cute every once in a while? Glad he's home. Glad he's fun. Glad he is my favorite person to talk to.

8 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

Our dad is pretty rockin' cool. Mom ain't so bad either. How did we get so lucky? No wonder they have such marvelous daughters.

Kristi said...

Hayley, I'm pretty impressed with your Dad--any Dad that knows Chris Farley is a smart, smart man ;)

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

awww, cuteness. daddies are the best. i'm a total daddy's girl myself. (mama's girl, too.)

Heather said...

That's funny. I want to watch some old SNL...Chris Farley, Will Farrell (SP?), David spade all the good ones.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

this is only a test...to see if my new pic pops up.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

it does! hooray.

Jori said...

That is so funny. I was just thinking about Tommy Boy today. I tried on an old shirt and I about burst out of it. I had fat guy in a little coat in my head the rest of the day.

Mom said...

dad said...Tommy Boy and me are a lot alike...except he's fatter and dumber and my dad's married to an old lady!