5.13.2007

my future living room

So I've been looking at new furniture on occasion as I'm approaching the end of my financial haze. I would love to "class" this place up a bit. By that I mean, replacing my DI furniture that people have given me or bought for me along the way. My entertainment center & coffee table, namely... On a recent trip to Target, I discovered a cool line of their's - the Exotic Retreat Line... I'm exotic, I could carry that off, right? I will have to save up for a few months & buy piece by piece, but here's probably the order (by picture) in which I'll be getting these things...


The ArmoireThe coffee table



The console table...

Just would be nice to have a place to stack some cute baskets (AHH!!) and pictures of adorable nieces and nephews on. Maybe even flowers. Or some type of other plant. As you can see this is at the bottom of the barrel, but a girl can dream.


This is how nerdy I am - I'm actually hoping anxiously that Natalie, who is becoming a friend, but truly isn't (sorry) someone I know, other than through the blog will comment about our common love for Target! I've gotta get other hobbies, I'm embarressing myself.

9 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

First of all, Natalie will likely comment. She is a friend to all, one of the best things about her. Second of all, your living room now isn't bad. Don't be too hard on yourself. But this Target line is quite fun.

Miss Jones said...

i know its not bad - but its not matching or great. i'm going to get this stuff slowly, you see.

Heather said...

Hayley, you are exotic!! The furniture line is nice too. Yesterday, Target was my big "out of the house" experience for the day. It's no fun having sick kids!

Holly O'Keefe said...

Blogging is the best. At least you are not obsessed with people commenting on yours!!!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

Dear Hayley. I love Target, too! :) Natalie

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

Just kidding, I have way more to say than that!!! Duh, I always have lots to say (you may have noticed). First of all, great pick. I look at this stuff every time I go (every day, if not more often - and I'm only exaggerating slightly). Target is the best! I vote yes, go and BUY! On to other things. I'm also obsessed with people commenting on my blog (Holly) so thank you to those of you that do. Hayley, you have to go back and read the comments on the ring post on my blog. I misread what you wrote and then I laughed for an hour because that's how big of a dork I am! :) (Oh and PS - I'm already like, how is too soon to arrange a meet-up with his Hayley chick - she's the most hilarious person I've come across in a while!)

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

there are like 5 typos in that last comment of mine. but look how many comments you've got on this post! lucky girl.

Mel said...

I like the furniture! Its great! I'm hating that you're testing today. I don't have anyone to chat with? I'm such a loser!

Shelley said...

Hayls! That furniture is adorable! I miss target! :'( They need to move up north already!!! *pulls hair out* I'm jealous. I'm also jealous of Natalie, cuz she goes there every day. *sigh* :(