5.22.2007

jokey joke

I have a teacher friend who is the queen of forwards. i read this one this morning and thought it was great. you have to love kids & the funny things they say...

A BOWL of LIFESAVERS!
A teacher was doing a study testing the senses of first graders,
using a bowl of Lifesavers. The children began to say:
" Red............cherry,"
"Yellow.........lemon,"
"Green..........lime,"
"Orange.........orange,"
Finally the teacher gave them all honey Lifesavers.
After eating them none of the children could identify the taste.
"Well," he said, "I'll give you all a clue; It's what your mother
may sometimes call your father."
One little girl looked up in horror, spit her Lifesaver out and
yelled: "Oh My God!!!! They're assholes!"

Luckily I grew up in a household where "asshole" was never said parent to parent. It was "dear" & to this day, when I hear someone "dear" someone, it makes my skin crawl...

8 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

That is because "dear" was not actually a term of endearment. It was used when they were kinda annoyed with each other. "Yes, dear..."

Heather said...

That's exactly right Holly!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

hayley, you are so r rated. no wonder you are blocked by nanny mcfee.

Kristi said...

Oh my goodness! That made me laugh

Mom said...

Let's get this straight. I did not call your dad dear. That was his name for me.

xo

Miss Jones said...

yes, good clarification muz... you never "deared" dad. only him you. kick him for me. where it counts!

Shelley said...

Ah, so the DH thing isn't for you. I'll just use hubby. :) Normally I call him honky, hun, or baby. :) Depending if I want something/or want him to do something for me. ;)

Brittany said...

That is so funny Hayley! I was just reading it to my brother and I was laughing so hard I couldn't get it out!