5.22.2007

i pulled a natalie!

Holly doesn't want me to blog about the fact that she's eating her 2nd Rice Krispie but I'm doing it now, just cause she said not to. sorry hojo. you know i'm a brat. you should be well aware of it by now, at least.

today, we went to the costco. as we were walking in, this sweet little ol' lady was finishing up & holly said "are you done? i'll take that for you." and she was, so holly grabbed the cart, saving the lady a trip to the nearest cart aisle. well, then i noticed that in her arms was a fresh copy of one of my all time favorite books, the kite runner. before i knew what was going on, i said "and you'll love that book, its fantastic." as we walked on, I said "i just pulled a natalie." maybe i am a lez, sorry natalie. i would make sure you protect your personal information from me. i can get complusive. (that book brings it out in me, i guess... i'm so excited for his new book!!!)

while we were in the costco, holly grabbed a "everyday with rachel ray" magazine. when we got home, I was flipping through it while she was blog stalking. well, i know some of us are peanut butter nutters (heather) and i found a section all about peanut butter. reason enough to buy the magazine... its called "raising the jar" & apparently they don't have everything online... so i can't, but i will post a picture that has my mouth watering. there's a section on page 76 about instant gratification with peanut butter (thought i better clarify, you guys assume the worst out of me) i will be copying that down in my planner... since holly bought the mag & i can't find it online. (apparently i'm not the only natalie lez in the family)

11 comments:

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

i am glad that i'm rubbing off on your jones girls what with my friendliness and human kindness and things. but don't worry, hayley, you might not be a lez, just retarded, like me. and holly, if it makes you feel any better, i'm on my 4th piece of saltine toffee. yum.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

oh, and from the title, i thought that the post was going to be about typos! :)

Holly O'Keefe said...

That's it, we are making that treat right now!

Heather said...

I'm making the saltine treat tonight for book club. I ran out of brown sugar too...I always have brown sugar. Too many cookies lately I guess. That cookie thing pictured looks GOOD! It's our Mom coming out in you Hayley that's all. It's okay, it was bound to happen sooner or later. I chat it up with the checker at Wal-Fart now! It doesn't matter.

Mom said...

You have made me hungry for a treat, too. Hey, I admit I'm a talker to strangers. You wouldn't believe the conversation I had with the gentleman sitting next to me from Washington to Chicago. Just my dazzling personality.
xoxo

Miss Jones said...

mom i distinctly remember you offering to show a checker at jewel your breast cancer tattoos... now that was an embarressing moment! my mom, of all people, showing off her titty tattoos. haha...

Mel said...

I want the magazine now! I love Rachel Ray! My mouth is watering looking at that yummy treat. I want! I want! I need! I need!

Shelley said...

Where can I find the recipe for these saltine treats? Oh, and that pb ice cream cookie looks like a little piece of heaven. Post that recipe too. :)

Miss Jones said...

shelley - click on my friend natalie's blog & go down to her "saltine cracker toffee"... and i just made a link on the post to the recipe for the picture treat. holly just made cookies. mhmmmm! i'm spoiled.

Shelley said...

alright! :) Thanks hayls!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

where are you? i'm ready for something funny.