5.31.2007

i am gluttony

look it up in the dictionary. there's a little picture of me next to it. sad, but true. i didn't even bother to wear my pedometer today. cause i knew i was going to be sitting on the couch all day watching grey's anatomy & "cleaning up tests." i only had one can of dr pepper though. and i did finally get all of the tests cleaned up. and i also check to see how my students did. they did better than i expected, mostly. a few kids really dropped the ball. i rolled my eyes and shook my head a lot today. and cried a few times during grey's. and hated vehia a lotta times. (that's the ex's name, in case you didn't know it) i just forced myself to take a bath. i didn't shower today - what was the point? i am a grease monkey right now. first thing tomorrow i'm going to shower. and put deodorant on. and make up. i love being off track, cause i actually have time to spend at home, doing things, even if they're still school things. another reason i had to take a bath - i needed to finish my book, the thirteenth tale. good book, just couldn't get through the last 50 or so pages. i recommend the book. now, i'll start on my next one. i have a large stack by my bedroom door. i think i'm going to read princess. not cause i think i'm a princess, but because biographies facinate me. oh & for the record, i didn't work out. gluttony. i know it.

6 comments:

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

taking a day to lay on the couch is such a lovely thing. in fact, once chris gets back i think i'm going to send him on a daytrip with the kids and lay on the couch all day. that sounds sooo nice.

Jori said...

After the trauma of the gyno. I think I am going to stay in my jammies all day, and read a book. I think it's good for us to do that once in awhile. Thanks for the book recommendations.

Shelley said...

You aren't gluttony. Gluttony is one who daily, constantly, ALWAYS is in that gluttonous state. You, my dear, are not. You go to work, contribute (in the best way you possibly can) to society, and you make me laugh. One who is gluttonous can not do that... they'd just repulse me. :) You deserve a lazy day. That's all it is. No worries.

Heather said...

It sounds like Heaven to laze around on the couch for a day. Enjoy!

Kristi said...

I love those days where you can sit around and do whatever you want (even work) on your own terms. Live it up!

Kristi said...

Also--what are your favorite biographies? I really like them, too, but I'd like to stick to the good ones :)