5.26.2007

how many pedometers in one day?

freak! damn! oh, the swear words that i'm thinking in my head right now... so i unpack this morning. i dug out my pedometer only to find that it was broken. the thingy wasn't clicking, but the battery wasn't dead. apparently i've dropped it one too many times. so krystal i make a run to target. that's probably less than 2 hours ago. i just went in to tinkle, as i've been coughing a lot & you all know what that does to me. well, i stood up to flush & literally knocked my two hour old brand freaking new pedometer in the my pissy toilet. hadn't flushed yet. i screamed. i'm so in a bad mood now. the worst part of it is that krystal and i bought the last two pedometers this morning. so if i want ANOTHER, my third of the day, I've gotta go to a far away target. momma so not happy right now! this is just my luck people. its no wonder i swear a lot!

8 comments:

Heather said...

Go ahead and get another one!! I would. That is sooo annoying.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

what you could do instead is just count all of your steps throughout the day and make a tick mark on your forearm every time you hit 100. then you'd only need 100 tick marks to hit your 10,000 goal! genius, right? i'm always here for you.

Holly O'Keefe said...

how much are these darn pedometers? and, did Connor break the first one???

Mel said...

i need one of those pedometers hayley! i think you need to go with me on monday to find one. only hopefully i won't break mine or drop it in my pee.

Shelley said...

ewwwwwwwww you're gross! Did you fish it out? or flush it away? I bet you fished it out didn't you? ha!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

better to fish it out than to flush it, believe me. (ask kristi what happens when foreign objects get flushed!). anyway, it's great practice. once you have kids, fishing stuff out of the toilet is old hat.

Kristi said...

Hayley, that is so funny--I mean, no, that sucks. Not funny. at all. Your posts always crack me up.

Miss Jones said...

i'm setting the record straight: i don't blame connor... it could've been him, but i drop it all the time. at least once a day. so no. they're a little less than $10, so they're not breaking the bank, but i'd much rather buy a movie for $10. and - i got a new one. and i did fish it out, with something from the trash, i didn't touchy. ew! but i wasn't about to flush that bad boy. grrrr!