5.03.2007

haze

maybe last night was too jammed packed. i didn't get to bed til 11, which is in the normal zone for me. but i couldn't get up this morning. number of times i hit snooze: 3. ew. i'm lazy. yesterday i made it til noon without a dr pepper. i don't know if i'll last this morning as well, but i'm really going to try. i drank a whole camelbak water bottle before lunch. thats enormous for me. i need to try and repeat that process today.

is it wrong for me to wish sickness upon a few children in my class? i'm just not in the mood for a couple of kids today. yesterday there was constant bickering and tattling going on between two kids. i don't know what i could've done to keep them further away from each other, aside from sending them into separate rooms, which at one point i even did! today will be back for them if I hear one "teacher... he was looking at me again" i was so mean, i didn't let them do our one and only painting project for the year, that just so happened to be scheduled for yesterday afternoon. I let them use specially cut sponges to paint the moon phases. I typically hate painting - tons of prep & cleanup. So we only do a few projects a year with it, so far, this is our first. One of my threats earlier in the day was "we're going to do something really special this afternoon. something we haven't done all day. if you two don't start getting alone, leave each other alone and stop tattling, you won't be participating." did they stop? nope. did i follow through? you betcha! i almost expected to hear from one mom, but i would've given her a piece of my mind too. teaching can be exhausting.

4 comments:

Mel said...

I love that you didn't let them paint. Way to go Hayley! I had one of my obnoxious kids clean all the desks in my classroom because she was stupid enough to draw on her desk. Haha!

Holly O'Keefe said...

At least you didn't beat anyone severely. At least, not yet.

Kristin said...

Is it Friday yet????

Heather said...

The fighting like that can drive you nuts!! You know what I do? I make the two kids that are fighting go into a bedroom and work it out or kill each other. Whichever comes first.