5.17.2007

green?

My favorite mountains - Koolau Range

Some things are supposed to be green. like the earth and boogers. i've decided that i'm going to start doing more to help our environment, by buying more recycled paper products, possibly even getting those canvas bags of sorts for my groceries (unlike heather who needs a couple dozen, i'll only need 4 at most!) and then also buying non toxic cleaners. i'm not some tree hugger, but i do want the world to be around when my nonexistent kids grow up.

now on to the booger topic - i know i'm disgusting & i'm sorry, but after a week, I'm starting to gt nervous about it. I haven't had a regular boog since I was puking my guts out for 3 solid hours. They're basically just blood. I haven't had a "bloody nose" but when I blow my nose, there's nothing but blood. Curious, isn't. Top that off with the fact that I woke up this morning with a sore throat, achy neck & congestion. I'm not thrilled about that! I'm sorry - I know everyone's covered the "green issue" already, but this is my own personal commitment. I also just want my good ol' fashioned green boogies back!

Also, I'm seriously considering getting a hybrid car, next time I get one... Now, don't get me wrong, that'll be close to 10 years, if I'm lucky (not so lucky - 2 crashes last year alone... still going strong for 2007 though!!!) Hopefully by the time I'm ready to get one, the price will have come down. Who knows!

OH yeah - I'm also going to buy the "good" kind of light bulbs next time around. I am having a brain fart right now & can't remember what they're called. Its the end of a school day - you shouldn't expect more than that...

9 comments:

Mel said...

Sadly, my boogers usually are somewhat blood. I ruined my cartiledge in my nose in high school and it is forever trying to heal itself. Pain in my butt every morning!

Holly O'Keefe said...

We were looking at hybrids last night! Oh my gosh! As a third car for around town and longer road trips. Crazy. Kevin still needs his WT truck, but doesn't need is as often. So, a sedan might be in our future. Crazy crazy!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

sorry about your boogs. i'll pick and flick one in your behalf today. i'd like a hybrid, too, but an suv to fit the army of children i plan to bear.

Heather said...

I'm holding out for a Suburban hybrid, they should come out in a few years. (or at least something big enough to hold my family)

Holly O'Keefe said...

Tahoe comes out next year. We are looking at a third car hybrid. Probably won't pull the trigger though.

Shelley said...

Those are MY most favorite mountains too! :-D I'm also having boogie issues, but they're like way too green. lol I think I have a viral/bacteria infection... (I checked on wikipedia). No idea what's wrong with me. But its been this way for like a month *sigh*

Shelley said...

Oh, and the lightbulbs are called Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs. ;)

Jennifer said...

I love your blog Haley. Hope you don't mind me peeking:) I need to make small baby steps to being green as well. Good for you.

Jennifer (Heather's friend in Houston)

Miss Jones said...

Ah Jennifer - i know who you are - we're JT sluts. You don't need to "introduce" yourself! Feel free - I requested your blog on heather's - You should blog!!!