5.20.2007

farmer jones


well its official. i can't dress slutty all summer long and i've already got a farmer's tan on my arms. this is going to my first summer (freudian slip!) in my special underwear if you get what i'm saying. holy hotness. tell me i'll survive. i'll survive, right? i hope i do. its not even june yet and its about all i can do to wear clothes around krystal's kids. if its just her, i don't care - she can deal with it. but her kids, i feel the need to be a little more modest in front of. i will just have to spend a lot of time at the pool... a lot of time.

speaking of pool time, i spent a lot of time at the pool this weekend. in heidi's backyard. in freezing cold water, straight from the hose. and i'll be honest, i spent most of my time at the hammock. cause i've got a cold & it was freezing & i can't imagine that sitting in freezing water is good for someone who at times can barely breath. but it got me swimsuit time. and reading time. and swinging in the hammock time. i want a yard for the sole purpose as a place to store a hammock. i'd sleep in that sucker. and as annie quickly decided, pool time equals the need to have an ice cream sandwich. i'm all for keeping her satisfied, so we had a couple this weekend. it reminds me of being a kid again. i like being a kid. but i also like being a grown up and doing my own things. when i want to.

ok. i've gotten caught up on blogging. i've filled the hummingbird feeder. in fact, i just did that in between paragraphs, cause it dawned on me that i needed to check. sure enough, my little feeder was dry, so i filled it up good & as i was setting it back up, a hummingbird flew up. he must be a thirsty guy! he is there right now... yay. i love it. but i might shut up the window's & turn the air on right now. i'm sick of being hot. i feel like a whore in church. speaking of church - i didn't go today. oops! its a wonder why i'm sweating! (time for more ice cream, i guess!)

9 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

Only you. "I feel like a whore in church." This is the reason mcafee blocked your blog. I already know why mine was blocked.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

you will survive. but it won't be fun. there's an adjustment period (2 years?) and then it gets better but it's still just uncomfortable in the summer. just be glad you don't live in outrageously hot and humid texas!!! i do walk around my house all summer long in my "undies" as maya says, which i should stop. they are getting a little old for that. and also, the other day maya put white biker shorts on under her dress before we went to the park and was like "i need to tell all my friends that i got my special undies!" then later she stripped off her panties, put the bikers back on and said, "i don't wear panties anymore." this is true stuff. my poor kids are warped at such a young age.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Oh my gosh. I love this Natalie. She wears special undies too. So very cute.

Shelley said...

I want pictures of your hummingbird. This is your assignment for your offtrack time... make it #7 ;) I wonder if we have hummingbirds up here... I haven't seen 'em. I've seen red cardinals, and blue jays (not the baseball team either) ;). heh

Kristi said...

My husband calls them Relief Society Panties (among my new words I dislike) and it was definitely an adjustment (as all I wore before super short mini's and tube tops--see picture of Britney Spears), but I've definitely learned to love them. Nice "whore" thought, but the way. :)
(Just kidding about mini's & tube tops--I forget you've never seen me and my "modest is hottest" tattoo)

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

dude, kristi and i saw some horrifying things at sea world on saturday. she reminded me that it's a true fact that san antonio is in fact the fattest city in the nation. proof positive. and they're not afraid to flaunt it, for real. so we saw this one rather large lady in a tube dress with "ms beyotch" (i'd use the real world, but i know that hayley's blog already has a few strikes against it, and i don't want to make it worse!) tattoed across her back. dude. we saw things. terrible things. it reminded me that, in kristi's words, modest is indeed hottest. yuck.

Holly O'Keefe said...

When I see the larger lovelies out flaunting their business, it always makes me wonder why I have any feelings of self conscienceness in a swimsuit. I think I want a tatoo on my chest. It would say "my eyes are up here." I'm just happy right now becuase I have pregnancy boobs.

Heather said...

Yeah Hayley, the special underwear is just plain hot. No two ways about it, but you do "get used" to being uncomfortable. It becomes your new normal. UUHHGGG

Miss Jones said...

lots of people asked me where those pictures are from. i told some people that its me. i told you i'm flat, right? no no no. i googled images of farmer's tans. there were some funny results.