5.23.2007

coughing coma

natalie wants funny. i don't feel like i have funny in me today. i am going on so many nights without good sleep. nothing to blame holly or her house for - i just can't stop the bloody cough.

holly's neighbor who's yards butts up against hers in peeping tomming us right now. maybe he wants a show, too. don't worry, natalie - i can't pull off funny right now, but i'm always good for a little nakey window dancing. he's probably just getting back at me for my hour long stare fest that i had yesterday. you see, he's got a couple of hummingbird feeders in his yard along with a gazillion trees and shrubbery. so yesterday afternoon, when connor wanted to go play outside, we went. i made holly get her camera cause there was a hummingbird who was going buck wild. he was perching (from my limited knowledge, hummingbirds aren't known to be perchers, but as you guys have already pointed out - i am not the hummingbird connoisseur that i think myself. i call them dumb, remember?) he was also doing some really exciting (to me) dives and circles... i don't think any of the pictures that she got will really capture the excitement that i felt. my life is sad & pathetic, on so many levels.

i must say that i'm enjoying my time with Connor... i actually enjoy waking up to him saying "ha-yee?" this morning when i got out of the shower, i sat down on the step and was slapping some lotion on my alligator legs & he came and squooze (i like to make up past tenses to irregular verbs) down in the less than 6 inches between me and the wall. all so he could sit by his best auntie. for the last two days, i've put lotion on his dryish cheeks. i give him "some" to rub on his hands, each time. so he came and asked for "some" this morning, too. i love hims words. i don't think he knows its lotion, he thinks its "some." but the wicked side of me also gets a kick out of him looking at me next if he's not getting what he wants out of his mom. (i'm not getting what i want out of her either. bitch still hasn't emailed me the hummingbird pictures... when she does, i'll add 'em to the post) he's a cute boy. i like hims. i know i said that already. i just do it a lot, i guess. like him that is. i don't think i'm making sense. sorry natalie. maybe that's what i should rename my blog "dear Natalie" I'm like anne frank. oh geez. i just stooped to an all time new low - comparing myself to a holocaust victim. i'm signing off people. i need to go get my dr pepper that i stowed away in holly's fridge. no one should have to deal with me. even people who don't send me pictures when i want them... FINALLY - SHE EMAILED ME THE PICTURE. note - 1 picture. and its not fabulous. but at least its a percher!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I found a dead hummingbird on my front porch yesterday. Actually, Hayden did. He did not like it's "sharp beak". Have fun with Munchie.

Miss Jones said...

oh my gosh... how sad!!! what'd you do with it?

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

dear hayley - you should change the name of your blog. that would make me happy. how did naked dancing go? are those the pics you're wanting holly to e-mail you? let me know when they're up so i can post a link from my blog. sorry about your cough. did you try the vick's thing? i'm dying to know if that works. kid talk is the best. maya has outgrown most of hers now, which makes me sad. i was trying to get her to say "i want one cook" at target today, because that's what she'd say when she was little and wanted to get a cookie at target. but she wouldn't. fortunately she still says movie "safuter" instead of theatre and "maz-a-gine" instead of magazine. but those will be gone soon, too. sniff sniff. luckily, mason is starting to talk. that's why we keep having kids, i guess. it's so heartbreaking when they grow up and you can't stop them! so we make new small ones! ;)

Kristi said...

You're a fun aunt to have, I bet--hopefully you'll feel better soon and your cough will go away!

Holly O'Keefe said...

The Vics thing works on Connor. I swear by it. Maybe I will give Hayley a rub down tonight.

Shelley said...

You and your love of all things nakey... I remember you used to flash random drivers on the highway from the door, (We lived maybe 10-15 feet from Kam Hwy...) It was oh so embarassing... for ME. You were always fine with the nakeyness. I yike you.