5.28.2007

the breakdown...

ok. so i love dr pepper. i think everyone's aware of it by now. but the problem is - when you go to restaurants & they don't have the right "juice." i can handle substitutes. cherry coke is suitable. and mr. pibb is good. but i don't love pibb extra. and i tell the waiter/servers "if its pibb extra, i can tell & i don't like it. and it'll come out of your tip" and i can. they're more likely to get away with spitting in my drink than "feeding" me the wrong crap. so i say "can i have a dr pepper?" and they say "is mr. pibb ok?" and i say "is it mr. pibb or pibb extra? cause if its mr. pibb, i'll take it, but if its pibb extra, no thanks." then we figure out if cherry coke's an option. if its not, then i'll just take a plain ol' coke. and if its pepsi. i'd rather drink diarrhea. give me a water.

13 comments:

Holly O'Keefe said...

You are crazy. Pepsi is way better than Coke!!!!!!!!! If it is Coke on tap, I just take water. But if it is Pepsi, oh mama, I want some.

Miss Jones said...

we are no longer sisters.

Holly O'Keefe said...

Fine, my dad can beat up your dad.

Miss Jones said...

that doesn't even make sense. you're retarded.

Holly O'Keefe said...

why are you so grumpy? damn.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

hayley, once again, proof that we are meant to be. i'm straight up coke. do NOT bring me pepsi. but sorry, no pepper or pibb for me. i've never liked it. so here's a funny one. my brother is a straight up pepper head. one time we went out to eat and he ordered the doctor, my mom ordered diet pepsi. so matthew gets his drink and he's like, "this is the best pepper i've ever had. seriously! this is the best doctor of all times." and on and on. then my mom takes a sip of her drink and about spits across the room...turns out math had my mom's diet pepsi, she had his d.p. we all laughed our heads off that diet pepsi turned out to be the best doctor pepper he'd ever had. and yet he's never switched from doctor pepper to diet pepsi. that story still cracks me up. doesn't take much.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

ps, never even heard of pibb extra. but glad you're so on top of your game.

Miss Jones said...

mind you - it was nearly 10 pm & he's three. so it was just luck of the draw really.

Kristi said...

That's pretty amazing you can tell the difference between pibbs. For me, I'm a diet coke girl, but I am the kind of girl who gets around--I like Pepsi also. You can call me slutty, but I don't care :)

Miss Jones said...

kristi = soda slut.

Mel said...

I love dr. pepper, and coke is yummy. I LOVED vanilla coke but the damn nazis took it away. Blasted mafia!

Heather said...

That is some pretty strong dislike...you'd rather drink diarrhea than pepsi??? Wowser. I like lemonade best of all myself. Coke and Pepsi equally fine.

Shelley said...

hmmm what's the "extra" that makes it so un-drinkable? why ruin a good thing?