5.15.2007

apple doesn't fall far from the tree

So I have this little girl in my class who is physically darling and she is brillant. But she is such an oddball. She has this wealth of knowledge that makes me want to pants her. ha. her older brother is autistic. and i surely remember him although when he was in 2nd grade, he wasn't in my class. well, during our last two mornings of testing, her mom came in and helped. don't get me wrong, i'm extremely grateful. she was so genergous to come and spend two mornings watching as my sweet little students chose all the wrong answers (almost literally - grrrr) this morning - during our break, she was talking, talking, talking. and then she kept talking. we were all being polite, but as she talked longer and longer, i started thinking "whoa. you're a whackjob, its no wonder you have whacky kids!"

then I got to thinking - my poor parents, and the shame i've probably caused them along the way. i like to think i have pretty amazing parents, so that must mean i'm like all of their little worst qualities. their inner demons, if you will. i think i've decided that i won't procreate - i surely don't want to see what little monster's i could create.

ok. i'm mostly joking - but sometimes that thought is scary!

11 comments:

Mel said...

Don't ya just hate it when they choose the wrong answers and you're thinking "NO! Not that one!"

Holly O'Keefe said...

Your demon children would make everyone laugh. And they would be generous. And they would have cute little butts. That doesn't sound bad at all! But yes, they probably would be little demons. And I mean that is the best way. Goose, your demon side is what makes you you. Mom and Dad wouldn't trade that for anything.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

agreed. i'm totally my mom. maya is totally me. everything that drives me crazy about maya comes directly from me. i know that's why she was sent to me - to teach me about myself. (oh, and ps - i'm so afraid i'm going to be "that mom" to my kids' future teachers. the one who never shuts up, the one who thinks her kid is perfect, etc. etc. but i promise to give nice gifts.)

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heather said...

Who keeps getting deleted off your blog? Just wondering. I don't you were Mom and Dad's worst nightmare...Holly was. hehe Just kidding I love ya both!!

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

It was me this time. I somehow managed to post the same comment twice.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

It was me this time. I somehow managed to post the same comment twice.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

har har.

Heather said...

Oh you are a funny one Natalie. I have done that a couple times on one of my friend's blog. It takes too long and I push publish again only to get published 2x's!! I thought somebody was being naughty.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

you thought hayley would remove a naughty comment? i don't even know her and i know she wouldn't do that! :)

Holly O'Keefe said...

Natalie, apparently you do know Hayley!