5.28.2007

28 to 6

that's the ratio of kids to adults tonight. i helped babysit for almost 6 hours with my friend craig, while his boss got married. 2 of the adults helped with the big kids most of the night. then the rest of us (four for you dumbies) helped with the threes and under. toddlers. adorable. diapers. blankeys. tears. cuddling. and the grand finale: projectile puking. there was a baby - owen, for the record, hojo. he was a cute little dude. me being baby greedy, i offered to feed him his bottle when he woke up. big mistake. he started gagging on it, so i sat him up. he proceeded to projectile vomit on me. twice. bugger. i was happy when his mom came back. then there was this little will. blond, blue eyes. barely three years old & he could talk. he was so sweet. right at the end of the night, he was kinda left in the living room by himself for a second, two kids were sleeping on the couch, and i was helping organize kids shoes, etc... i turned around & he was wiping his tears with his clip on tie. oh my goodness. i quick picked him up & said "what happened?" he said "i got lonely" in reality he was just tired. i sat down in the chair. he fell instantly asleep. nice.

8 comments:

Shelley said...

aww, little Will. so cute. Projectile vomit however... not so cute... :-s

Holly O'Keefe said...

I see you got more than your 10,000 steps in yesterday. Running around after kids will do that to you! Glad you mostly had fun last night, sorry about the pukers. If someone puked on me, I would have been heaving myself.

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

awww, you're so sweet. when are you coming to visit me? :) for the record, own is the name i have picked out for my #3 boy, should it come to that. after my favorite book, "a prayer for owen meany."

Chris * Natalie * Maya * Mason said...

owen,not own. geesh. i'm such a dork.

Heather said...

You do have the touch Hayley! Owen is a very cute name. Was that Will's clip on tie? He just got a "little lonely!"

Mom said...

I like the Chicago skyline on your blog. You are sooooo good with children. No wonder you are the best school teacher.....

Jori said...

This is totally random, but my grandma LOVED dr. pepper. She had tons of "I'm a pepper" t-shirts and the whole bit. She had a stroke, after that she hated dr. pepper she said it tasted sick to her. She switched to pepsi. Isn't that crazy? I wonder what part of your brain makes you love dr. p.

Kristi said...

You've got the magic touch...putting kids instantly to sleep is not an easy task. You're nice to watch all those kids, oh me oh my!